Name Brand vs. "Underground"

They have their opinion, it is what it is. They had me laughing on some parts

Alsong as an amp i buy is great while i have it and does what its suppose to do, i dont YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT and so if the "basic" subwoofer design works, then ill take that why pay for more if you can get the same for cheaper?

its no surprise that they would say that. a shop owner will till you anything that will get you to buy their product from them. for a example a shop would say a '04 re xxx isn't as loud or sound as good as the Earthquake magma but would say something entirely different now that they carry it and its a $1000 plus sub. they don't like "underground" audio companies because the middleman i.e them are eliminated from the buying process

1997 crown vic police interceptor

headunit: avic x710bt

sub amp: powerbass xta 1500d

sub: fi 15" bl fully loaded

enclosure: 3.5 cubes @ 33hz firing through rear deck

mids/highs: crappy pioneer paper cone 6x9's and stock rears for now

mid/high amp:h/u power FTL

wiring: knuconceptz 1/0 memphis interterconnects

its no surprise that they would say that. a shop owner will till you anything that will get you to buy their product from them. for a example a shop would say a '04 re xxx isn't as loud or sound as good as the Earthquake magma but would say something entirely different now that they carry it and its a $1000 plus sub. they don't like "underground" audio companies because the middleman i.e them are eliminated from the buying process

Completely agree.

Shops are the last place I look to for advice. I tried to buy a RF Series 1 Punch 15" from Car Toys. They tried to sell me the 10 and said it would be just as loud with the same power because the sensitivity was the same, and that they don't sell the 15 because it's sloppy. I can't wait to show that douche how "sloppy" it is.. especially since I got it online for less than half of what they would've sold it for if they carried it.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

$1 a watt is sooooo last year well, its sooo the 90s when amp prices were Higher, and wattage was lower.

I agree 100% rysc86

I have worked at about 5 stereo shops, and one thing the installers and sales people try to brainwash you to live by is, "15s are sloppy, a 10 or 12 is perfect" You are right, they dont try and sell 15s that much, if ever any 18s.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

This subject is exactly what I started a tread on yesterday..."Dirty Amp-Clean Amp". Guy at a franchise shop told me my amps were basically junk because they were catagorized as "dirty" but when I asked him to explain what he meant his answer really didnt add up....

I was kinda confused at first but after thinking about it along with some advise from some of you Guys, I determined that my sh!t bangs for what it is....So Fu*k him/them/those who feel that look down on the smaller brands and companies doing their best to survive.

...As a matter of fact the "DICKHEAD" from yesterday did say one thing that was true.."You get what you pay for". Only that the stuff I have was not expensive and does what it said it would...And im satisfied....There sh!t was just expensive

That video really makes my blood pressure go up.......

So my amplifier isn't the real deal because I didn't pay $5000 for my Sundown 4500D? What a sack of shit.

Also that comparison with the durability between (alpine, Jl) vs (Sundown, Fi) is really messed up. People that buy Alpine and stuff really just buy it to bump everyday and arn't too concerned with getting loud (they also don't know much about getting loud either, there are exceptions though). People that buy Sundown and Fi on the other hand are usually somewhat experienced and just want to get hella loud (which usually means people are pushing them a good bit over the rated power handling to do so).

Also wtf is up with comparing T3 and Alpine?? Did they really just basically say Alpine drivers were better than T3 because they lack technology?

Oh well it is what is I guess......

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

I like JL, they are not the best shit in the world by far but do have good and OVERPRICED shit but you have to realize that hating on these guys is only gonna make them FAMOUS so let them do their thing and talk their shit and sit back and realize that your dc/sundown can kill some JL Audio

BTW, I have a dc xl on the way haha FTW

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

BTW, I have a dc xl on the way haha FTW

Sure rumb it in why don't ya! <_<

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Archived