Sonic Electronix

DC and the big boys use a padded felt to go on the cones to prevent lead slap. but yeah it could be tinsel slap, spider coming loose, magnet loose from the basket or any thing. you just gotta go over the whole dam thing to find out what it is. but those subs dont cost a lot to replace. if its in the trunk and you cant hear it make the popping noise bang that bitch till it blows lol

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

add foam where they slap the cone if that is what it is. also be sure no dustcap is loose that is also a problem.

I do not recommend this, it changes the parameters of the subwoofer. I bought some infinitys that had foam on one and not the other from a friend doing that and you could clearly tell which one had the foam on it just by watching the excursion.

Lol, are you serious?

THe MMs of the driver will probably higher then 200g and adding about 0.5g of foam won't change the parameters that much.

Something else was wrong with the driver or you used a LOT .

Completely serious, there wasn't much on the cone either just two small chunks one for each side. I sold the subs to a friend and they're still slamming to this day, and to this day you can still see which one has foam on it and which one doesn't. I'm just telling you from experience, you can throw numbers around all you want but at the end of the day it will change parameters...maybe not much as you said but they will still change, and side by side its noticeable.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

add foam where they slap the cone if that is what it is. also be sure no dustcap is loose that is also a problem.

I do not recommend this, it changes the parameters of the subwoofer. I bought some infinitys that had foam on one and not the other from a friend doing that and you could clearly tell which one had the foam on it just by watching the excursion.

Lol, are you serious?

THe MMs of the driver will probably higher then 200g and adding about 0.5g of foam won't change the parameters that much.

Something else was wrong with the driver or you used a LOT .

Completely serious, there wasn't much on the cone either just two small chunks one for each side. I sold the subs to a friend and they're still slamming to this day, and to this day you can still see which one has foam on it and which one doesn't. I'm just telling you from experience, you can throw numbers around all you want but at the end of the day it will change parameters...maybe not much as you said but they will still change, and side by side its noticeable.

If u can see the difference it means one of the subs was faulty before you even put the foam on it.

Offcourse parameters will change, but it won't be noticable.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

What i think you have is what i had with my dads woofer when i repaired his surround on it after 20 years it deteriorated. I got the surround fixed by yanking the surround off my kicker CVX's and unstitched them as well but i noticed that since the speaker hasnt been used in 5 years the spider had a off center pattern where it wanted the cone to travel. So what i did (you cant do this with your kickers since those asshole engineers made the cone in two pieces that are sewn together and glued together) but i had to pop off his dust cap and center the cone and glue the surround in that spot and leave it sit that way for 3 days before it took the new position. It didnt have any coil rub but when you had low bass noes hit it, you could hear like a whistling/growling noise from the inside of the former. Sure enough after i readjusted the speaker it worked fine ever since. Now my dad has a badass looking 12" subwoofer that has a magnet the size of a midrange speaker. rofl. But hey it works perfectly and for him its more than he would ever use.

What i would try is to possibly push slowly and gently on one side of the cone. DO NOT use a ton of force to crack the cone or anything like that. Just a little bit of pressure until you feel or hear the voice coil tap the former inside the basket. Then do that to the opposite side of the subwoofer and keep doing that by working your way around the woofer. If you seem to notice that if you are one side and do this that it hits the former quicker than the other side then it means your speaker is slightly off center. If it wasnt for me cooking my CVX's like i did, i would give them to you for just the price of the shipping. But now all i have left of them is the basket and motors.

Let me know how it turns out!! trink40.gif

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress