Sonic Electronix

what kinda car do u have so we can tell what kinda subs might fit in it?

ive heard of people running the same amp i have @ .5 daily with smaller power wire than i have but i dont due it because i like to get a amp that will produce a good amount of power at a higher ohm load

from .5 to 1ohm u loose a bit of efficency, with a good electrical system to back it up u can run it @ .7ohm or w/e steve had his at but he had a big electrical system

the amp u have does over 4000wrms with givein voltage upgrade @ 1ohm

and by the statement "if u have to ask, dont do" is not to be a smart ass or jurk, its plainly stating that if u have to ask then u generally dont have that kind of experence with this in audio at this time, not saying u wont figure it out,

yes its possable, yes it might work fine for others but i dont like to risk my equipment, i can understand if u have a woofer that u really want and want to run it @ .5ohms, but if ur buying new woofers try and stay around amp raited ohm load, they put that on there for a reason, and how much those amps cost i wouldn't risk it

so with ur new alt and 0guage, any other things u gunna upgrade?

those new type r slims are sick looking, i might try some due to space

hope ur system goes to plan and welcome to smd :drinks:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

The car camry is 2001 camry Toyota I'm open for segestions as always. And if u have to ask dont do it is stupid I'm asking to find out how to do it I know Steve has experienced but he's not god I respect him but their is no reason why no one else could try what he has done I might be able to pull it of

My box is going to have 2 subs facing forward in a angle and 2 upward and none taken I wasn't offended I'm just trying to figure things out I just want to hear opinions to try to figure things out and I don't think people should shut down each other so fast alot of comments can come of very rude here when all people want is more help

My box is going to have 2 subs facing forward in a angle and 2 upward and none taken I wasn't offended I'm just trying to figure things out I just want to hear opinions to try to figure things out and I don't think people should shut down each other so fast alot of comments can come of very rude here when all people want is more help

Having multiple woofers on separate planes like that just to try and fit more cone area is not ideal.

There is a such thing as Too much cone area. You may get better performance with less and/or smaller woofers in a more ideal enclosure.

As far as getting loud, 2) 12s in a proper ported box would have greater potential. As far as getting great SQ, ported can be made to sound great, or do a pair of 15s in a sealed enclosure.

If you are dead set on 4 15s because its cool and it can look impressive. Then I suggest not to have 2 firing forward like that. All up, or all back, or 2 up and 2 back would have greater potential.

Another idea is to have all 4 in a horseshoe angled towards eachother and forward. With it sealed off from the rear.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

i dont think 4 15s would fit very well in a camry without a wall (which i dont think ur quit ready for) no offense.

id go with a pair of good 12s in the trunk if i were u :shrug::drinks: .

my buddy did 4 mtx 8500 1504's in the trunk of a 90's model camry, and still had enough room for batteries and 2 mtx 1501d's

he took the spare tire well and fiberglass a turtle shell looking thing with them inverted due to a big motor

and it is the loudest setup ive heard yet, i thought our car was gunna fall apart when he drove by us lol, this was back in early 2004 or something so i dont have pics or vids, wished i could have got some tho

damn that car was wangin like hell, and the odd thing is he was more inpressed with my setup of 2 mtx 4500 1544's off a mtx 500d lol

it can be done but it will take some skill, by the meaning "if u have to ask then dont" means, if u have to ask how to do something hard its best not to take on the task yourself without anyone to give a hand like a local shop or something cause all because u can wire a few subs to .5ohm doesn't mean with out proper precautions it will work for a good while

like his box in that camry, it was like 1/2 to 3/4'' thick of fiberglass with a 4x4 in the middle to help hold up the subs, like fiberglass, u can ask all the questions u want to learn by but it doesn't mean a novice should try it,

i have no ablity to know how much u know about car audio to tell what u dont know how to do, but some things are better left up to professionals, or atleast have a shop set it up for .5ohms so if anything breaks u will have somewhat of a warrenty with it

but ya u can fit 4 15's in a camry trunk, have to cut away at the rear deck a little but it will fit

damn this makes me want to get a camry like he built and do 4 15's in the trunk but with better subs and more power :pardon::yahoo:

anyways, u will learn quite a bit from smd but it takes time to get things down pat, u will meet bad people, and good people, its ur personal judgement to distinguish who is right and who is wrong, where just here to try and help, enjoy ur stay here, its not as bad as it may seem :good:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

I didn't see anyone shutting you down. I personally stated no to your original post because impedance rise should never be used to save your equipment. And anyone who can honestly tell you yes without knowing information shouldn't be giving advice. This is not a stab at dontwantmusic, just stating a dangerous route that people without experience might create expensive lessons.

No one treats SMD like a god, but he is given his due. But you're trying to do the same thing without the first bit of technical knowledge and experience. And running below 1 ohm isn't even required, like...why do you want to run at .5 ohm anyways? Think about it...why? 1000 watts at 2 ohms isn't different compared to 1000 at 1 ohm.

It has been explained the voicecoil configurations you would need for four subs and how to wire for a 1 ohm, which is stable for the amp.

On another note, I do not see four 15s fitting in your trunk...and the drivers I think which might fit in your space will not handle 1000 watts RMS. Once again, there is a lot of research to go into this, and I think figuring out what you're looking for and wanting might be a good place to start. Then there's a sticky in the general section titled everything you need to know about car audio. I think it may help a bit.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

4 15's can fit, but its not practical, it does get pritty loud but with how the technology has changed threw the years u dont need 4 15's to get loud

2 good 12's could get just as loud, or maby 4 12's, or 2 good 15's, by good i mean some that are built to be beat to hell and back lol

like thores, he does 150's off 2 10's, but he took the time and sound deadned his car and what knot

i would shop around and look at different peoples products, and pm some of the people here on smd to find out prices and what to see if it fits ur taste and budget

but imo if they will fit the horseshoe design would be good, maby invert the ones without enough depth and fire into cabbin with a port in the middle would look cool, kinda like a blowthrew in a car lol

hope this is helping answering ur questions

you are wrong, voltage drops.

you're trying to be running right?

set your amp so the output is 20volts.

connect a 2ohm speaker, the voltage will stay at around 20volts.

connect an 8ohm speaker instead, the voltage will still be 20volts, but the current will be 1/4, and so will the power.

its basic electronics.

You are wrong, voltage drops.

So, who's right? Should be easy enough to replicate this with a 40 Hz test tone on a CD, an amp, a dual 4 ohm DVC woofer, and two DMMs. Report back with your findings (pictures are always good). I bet someone learns something . . .

as I was in the process of making a small sealed box for a 10inch sub, that just so happened to be dual 4 ohm, I did just that.

SoundStorm 10inch subwoofer, 8 litre sealed box, DD Z1 running the sub.

I even made a video...

excuse the fact that I wired the coils up out of phase at first on the second test, and the fact that I forgot to connect the multimeter on the second test :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCTD4JY-9W8

Archived