Sonic Electronix

Most likely his amp would just go into protect depending on the amp. But then he is stuck with woofers that make his amp go into protect.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

you said it "shouldnt be a problem" easily translated into "go ahead and do it its fine"

wow, thats a pretty ludicrous progression to make there.

lol

have you noticed that every one who has posted in this thread is against you? especially Ed? dont you think that says something about the way you're acting? holy fuck its like talking to a 14 year old

I have seen "theydontwantmusic" spreading his knowledge in a few threads and almost everyone is on him, so he is either spreading it without acknowledging whether its able to be comprehended correctly form the people he is giving advice to, or he is giving bad advice, or he just hasnt been here long enough to earn his wings......btw i have nothing against anyone, as im a super noob, refer to sig for confirmation

either way, there has been a multitude of similar responses pointing towards the no side of the spectrum so hopefully the OP understands the point coming across at least

Ok OK, lets keep discussion civil and about Ohms.

This one time, and Ohm's camp, my buddy Ohmy Ohm and I were Ohming it up by the Ohm tree.

He asked me how he can lower his box rise, I said to make his box bigger.

See the other factor here is enclosure. At a .5 nominal load, some enclosures may raise that to 2 ohms, others may still be under 1 ohm.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

have you noticed that every one who has posted in this thread is against you? especially Ed? dont you think that says something about the way you're acting? holy fuck its like talking to a 14 year old

I've actually noticed how poor the comprehension and reading abilities tend to be on this forum, yeah. :)

if you dont like it here then why dont you leave? simple as that

I didn't tell him to do it, I said it should be ok, but it depends on the box and amp, this is a leading statement, requiring more information from the OP.

but I'll leave you all to wallow in your own ignorance.

have fun.

you havent been on here enough to realize how ignorant some new members are. you say "it depends on the box and amp". so what if theoretically the OP was able to give you model numbers of everything. you're telling me that you would be able to calculate the impedance curve, taking into account cabin gain/loss and enclosure information?

the "theydontwantmusic" Guy has been giving bad advise since he has gotten on this forum, he has been doing the same in some other threads too, Idk if he doesnt know better, or what, but he doesnt really seem to know what he is talking about

Now to continue the answer: Sure you can run it at .5 ohms, but eventually you will have a component fail, the amp was designed to run at 1 ohm, and to handle that much power. The amp has input ternamals to handle the amount of amperage for 1 ohm, lets say you have an amp that can do 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms, then that amp must pull around 83 amps if you factor in really good effiency and a 14.4 voltage, but if you run that amp at 1 ohm, and you want to push 2000 watts, now you are going to push ~166 amps of current through it, and the mosfits and the wiring inside may not be able to handle that. If you look at many amps, the insides have heavy wiring designed to run power to the input, some have leads that run right to the board, so you are going to eventually destroy the amp, or some parts of it, especially if your voltage drops, then you drop in effiency, and your heat amount rises, so you will destroy shit, but go ahead as long as you know that, or just spend the extra money to get an amp that can handle the load and not throw away amps as they bust on ya :D

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Also seems like each thread his words and usage of his words get more powerful. I swear he is sitting there looking up words. Knowing big words and how to use them does not mean you have great knowledge in amplifiers and how they work.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Archived