Sundown Audio

Help with gain on amp and bass knob

SasquatchREG32

not necessarily. the reason i believe they exist and anyone can correct me if im wrong is to allow you to easily adjust the setting without having to grab a screw driver and set it on the actual amp. Mine in particular has a long cord so i could run it into the cab if i chose to but, i just keep mine in the trunk. Mostly because its not something i need to mess with. On your headunit you can control the subwoofer levels but when you control bass its pertaining to your speakers not your sub. my HU settings at the moment are Bass -3 High pass filter 80 and treble +3 for less bass out of the speakers so the speakers are hitting my highs and my subwoofers are still very loud.

The bass level settings for my HU pertain to my sub I believe. It is located through "Subwoofer" in the menu.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

No worries, thanks for the info. I just want to get this thing down since I'm not sure if it's worth it to tinker with my dash to mount the knobs from each of my sundown amps.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

I mean if you really wanted to it would prob be nice looking but having the ability to mess with bass boost in the cab in my opinion isnt that necessary. Especially if you have someone in the car that doesn't know your system and they go to turn up the volume and pick the wrong knob

Im running a kicker amp and My bass knob doesnt boost any signal it is simply to control the gain from where it rests on the amp itself. max on my bass knob is where i set my amplifier gain to and turning tje knob down just takes gain down to a - db. So for most songs i leave it full tilt and for songs that tend to distort i turn it down to a better level. Its just a middle man between gettin out and turnin it down on the amp itself

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

:facepalm:

Bassknobs are awesome, and is not the same as bass boost. Some people here...and the thing that stands out to me is your gain setting. Did you just...turn it halfway? How was it set?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I set amps with an oscilloscope and bass knobs all the way up.

If there's no clipping with the knob all the way up then you are safe to have it all the way down or all the way up depending on how you want it to sound and not have any damage.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Archived