Need some advice on upgrading electrical

I'm putting an AQ 1200D in my 1988 Toyota 4-Runner and have a couple questions about upgrading some electrical components.

1) About how much wire would I need to order to do the big 3? How much for the positive run and the 2 negative runs? I know you can't give me an exact answer but I'm just looking for a rough estimate.

2) Should I upgrade my battery? If yes, how big of a battery should I get? Honestly I am absolutely clueless when it comes to batteries. I understand wiring and electrical and that kind of stuff but when I look at specs on batteries I'm completely lost.

5 feet should be more than enough wire for the big 3...and measure the battery tray or space you have for a battery and go from there...xs power or kinetik would both be good choices but expensive...cheaper alternative is c&d batteries

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

5 feet should be more than enough wire for the big 3...and measure the battery tray or space you have for a battery and go from there...xs power or kinetik would both be good choices but expensive...cheaper alternative is c&d batteries

Really? Wow. For some reason I thought it would be more than that. Good to know though. Cheaper. I'll probably do some measurements before I order the wire though once I have access to the truck. And are you suggesting I upgrade the battery? Or just saying that's what I should do if I decide to?

Really? Wow. For some reason I thought it would be more than that. Good to know though. Cheaper. I'll probably do some measurements before I order the wire though once I have access to the truck. And are you suggesting I upgrade the battery? Or just saying that's what I should do if I decide to?

If you do the big 3 you don't have to upgrade your battery. That's your choice if you want to do it. But he gave you some good choices in batteries for if you decide to.

Yeah, i'd say 5ft for positive, and another 5ft for negative. I'd get a total of 10ft just to be safe...some cars you have to go around you elbow to get to your thumb in order to make sure you run the wire right. For best results, just go under the hood, and mock up the run the way it should be, then measure how long you need it, and to that, add a couple of feet.

mivtCK.png

Yeah, i'd say 5ft for positive, and another 5ft for negative. I'd get a total of 10ft just to be safe...some cars you have to go around you elbow to get to your thumb in order to make sure you run the wire right. For best results, just go under the hood, and mock up the run the way it should be, then measure how long you need it, and to that, add a couple of feet.

Yup you should measure cause every car is different. I know I used more than 5ft for mine

Yea, that's more along the lines of how much I was thinking.

Thanks everyone for the advice

i would say at the least 10-15ft for big three and as for batteries, xs power or kinetik are really good but expensive, you could also look at optima batteries too

Car: 1995 Thunderbird

System:

Pioneer deh5100ub HU

Pioneer/Lightning Audio 5x7's

1 Hifonics 1610D amp

2 Obsidian Audio 12's

4cu.ft. box tuned to 30hz

8 farad Boss Audio cap

4 gauge power/ground wire

Youtube

Facebook

Archived