Sonic Electronix

I am in mist of a small build(compaired to some in here) in my wifes car.This is my first solo build and was wanting to show it.So I can get feed back and learn from the better builders than me.I am unable to find the rules on this topic.Any help would be great.

No rules on this I don't believe. :D Ask away sir.

Many folks here that can help you with advise. You've come to the right place.

Edited by azagtoth502

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Ok how do I put up the pics.The one thing I need to know the right way to do is the rear deck.I am going to fiberglass the deck an put 5.25 speakers back there.Can I just resin the factory deck then use glass cloth to get the desired look.

Ok how do I put up the pics.The one thing I need to know the right way to do is the rear deck.I am going to fiberglass the deck an put 5.25 speakers back there.Can I just resin the factory deck then use glass cloth to get the desired look.

Here is one option for image hosting: Image Shack

1. So you would upload the image to a hosting site
  2. Copy the web address of the link after it is uploaded
  3. In the post editor click the "insert Image" link
  4. In the "Url" field post the web address to the link

As to the glass ...not my area of expertise...yet

**Edited to add a few details about getting the link to the forum

Edited by Tarball

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

I would glass it in a way that can be changed easily. Maybe use a sheet of 3/4 MDF as a base and go from there. I am not a fan of changing a vehicle in a way that cant be undone.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

you can use imageshack or photobucket. I personally use photobucket and when you post the pictures you just click on the little icon that says "insert image" in messages or on the forum and then copy and paste your link from photobucket into the box for it. its pretty easy to do.

The only rule i can think of for a build on here is this...

ttiwwopsmileys.gif

But for fiberglassing i have never done it before but i have been trying to catch everything i can about it. the biggest thing i can say is look at some of the member builds on here. some guys on here have a very detailed build log that you can read through and they describe everything in a lot of detail and even show a ton of pics of what it looks like throughout the entire process. One thing i would see about is if you have a good shop thats in your area see if they are cool and if they can teach you how to glass. The shop where i live is letting me use their term-lab for free and will even teach me how to glass and they do some beautiful custom builds themselves. It never hurts to ask.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

For doing the rear deck, it really depends on how you want it done. If you want them in "pods" on the rear deck I'd say build some MDF rings and then mount them at the angles you want. From there fleece over the whole rear deck along with the pods to make the shape then go from there with the typical resin/glass/sand/bondo/paint/sand process.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Ok thanks everyone I will try to get pics up soon.As far as the local shop I was told buy books,which already did,or go to school like they did.Or pay 350 for them to do it which don't let me learn diddly or give me the pleasure of saying I did that.

Thanks everyone.Been watching Steve's door builds on utube and member builds and wow is all that can be said.Don't know where to put my pics at members build or here.When I need help with the glassing start new topic in general or elsewhere.Still new to all of the posting.

Edited by dog24fret