Help running 12v and 14v in one truck

If your worried about the common grounds you could use buss bars for the 14v batts and use straight power/ground runs from the alt to the batts

Then again there would still be that point at the alt where the 12v and 14v meet. Hmmm nevermind my mind just went noob

Edited by flashlight_65

I mean the 12v side of things has to be grounded as well as teh 14v side. If grounding them together will be an issue...where the hell do i ground it?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

You will be fine with the common grounds. Just make sure that there are no common + hook ups between either of the alternators and you will be fine. Depending on how much power you are running, I would have 2 runs each of +/- running from the alt chraging your 14v batteries back to the battery bank.

Nice. Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure before I go fuggin things up.

So this is my plan and you guys feel free to correct/suggest things.

Ohio Gen 240A alt (which I have already) with an MLA hooked up to it so my 12v side actually charges in the 14/15 volt range. I will use this to power the truck like I am currently doing. It will also charge my yellow top up front. My mids/highs amps will be on this electrical system, even tho all of my amps can be run up to 18v i see no need to put them on the 14 volt side of things as they do great power on 12v.

I am going to purchase another alt, I have been talking with Ohio Gen and they offer a 275 with external reg for $550. I may or may not go with that specific alt but either way whatever i get will be externally regulated and will charge 4 XS D1400s. as many runs as I can fit on the alt stud to the 4 bats in the back of the truck. The only thing that will be connected to the 14v XS batts is my two Cadence ZRS C5's.

As long as there are not other issues it should be relatively easy. And hopefully I will see some nice power gains from my amps.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

After seeing this and reading some of Mechmans comments I am now thinking I can just run the entire truck with the 14v batteries. Anyone care to comment?

d(-__-)b

The time and cost to run voltages so close to each other is a waste of money and effort.

IIRC most cars will be fine with a 14v system, 16v/18v systems will require you to isolate the car from the system.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2