Sonic Electronix

Whats the point of knowing the peak of ur cars cabin

It is very usefull in spl and sq. The resonant is where it will have a peak or be louder at a certain frequincy. Knowing this you can tune the box to peak here to gain SPL for an SPL ride. Or you can also use this to help maintain a flatter response throughout the sub frequency range. Achieving a more true sub stage for sq.

Subs up and port rear it should peak around 44hz

1sy part is correct, second part is not. the car does not resonate differently based on how your subs and port face. that would be like saying the FS of a sub changes depending on how you mount it.

Oh yes it most certainly will. Its all about 1/4 wave format. The distance of the wave from peak to peak. If it is a small difference like sub and port rea no not a change really. Set it in the back seat and not in cargo and it WILL change.

Im sure if you go from kick to windshield you will see that it peaks a few hz different. This is because of the effect in wave length.

If you know where your car peaks at it makes tuning for spl easier but you will sacrifice Sq and deep bass for spl in most cases someone correct me if im wrong. and as for your truck I have no clue.

Wrong The magic is in 1/4 wave. Sound wave have peaks and lows. The distance from peak to peak is the key here. distance to mic or ear is what will determine these "peaks". My vehicle peaks at 21.5hz, 43hz and i dont have them after that becuase they are filtered out with the crossover. at 60 hz

yea reason its strictly for comps because if ur car peaks at 50 hz. and u tune to 50 hz music will sound like complete dick. and may even damage shit

Actually you can use it to have a nice helpfull punch to your music. ADN IT WILL NOT HARM NOTHING. that is complete bull shit.

o it dont hurt thats good to know. heard it did....yea i guess like a midbass would be tuned higher.

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Actually you can use it to have a nice helpfull punch to your music. ADN IT WILL NOT HARM NOTHING. that is complete bull shit.

well, actually, if your car peaks at 50Hz, and you tune to 50Hz, then a lot of music will have bass below the 50Hz, and happily bottom out your woofers if played too loudly.

it may still sound ok at moderate volumes, but crank "Bass From The Krypt" at high volume through your 49Hz tuned box, and enjoy hearing your subs voice coil hitting the subs backplate, from 20 meters away... :pardon:

^^^

Hmm...it looks like someone took SuperJays advice lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

well, actually, if your car peaks at 50Hz, and you tune to 50Hz, then a lot of music will have bass below the 50Hz, and happily bottom out your woofers if played too loudly.

it may still sound ok at moderate volumes, but crank "Bass From The Krypt" at high volume through your 49Hz tuned box, and enjoy hearing your subs voice coil hitting the subs backplate, from 20 meters away... :pardon:

If your playing music through a fart box your a RETARD lol. There is a bit of COMON sense to be used here. My vehicle peaks at 43 hz. My enclosure has an FB of 35HZ. guess where it peaks? LOL 43hz. Usually your peak will be 7 -11 hz up from tuning point.

Number 2 there is a cool thing called a subsonic filter that should be fixed to or just below FB. Oh let me dumb that down too. FB is resonant of the enclosure other wise know as tune.

I may not have 3000 post here but im no noob and DO KNOW what im talking about.

If your playing music through a fart box your a RETARD lol. There is a bit of COMON sense to be used here. My vehicle peaks at 43 hz. My enclosure has an FB of 35HZ. guess where it peaks? LOL 43hz. Usually your peak will be 7 -11 hz up from tuning point.

Number 2 there is a cool thing called a subsonic filter that should be fixed to or just below FB. Oh let me dumb that down too. FB is resonant of the enclosure other wise know as tune.

I may not have 3000 post here but im no noob and DO KNOW what im talking about.

you made reference to a box tuned to the cars frequency as having a nice punch.

it can't have a nice punch if you're only playing tones through it.

so anyway, you can get away with playing music through an SPL tuned box, if you don't play loudly below the tuning frequency.

My peak has been 1hz below box tuning :peepwall: lol. And port area has a huge effect on how much lower you can play under tuning. You could play 20hz under tuning with small enough ports

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

^^^^^^ with a huge port and just a farter you bet you can peak at or a bit below tune. Tells me closing port to lower tune may help ya;)

I was speaking in general as in more musical aplications. You are also very correct in playing farther below with a small sq.in to net port. EVERYTHING comes down to A CRAP ton of factors

Play below tuning with a large enough port and alot of power, you will rip spiders from the former or crack the former, ask me how I know...LOL and J.Reed you are a NOOB,,,OH say something bish!!!! LMAO!!!!

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db