TeamHT Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 This is continuing but I still see no valid reason complaining about officers driving unmarked cars. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
mr.p Posted April 14, 2011 Author Report Posted April 14, 2011 I still see no valid reason for cops to drive in unmarked cars. DCAUDIO BALLS DEEP
Lynbo Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 I hope thats not directed at me for a third or fourth time as the thread is not about me breaking the law its about unmarked cop cars. You cannot outrun motorola, so cops shouldnt be putting pressure on you right up your ass in force when they have already been shown you are not going to pull over. Talk about aggrivating a situation, that is why they have helicopters, why bother trying to ram someone off the road when you can easily and safely track them from the air? Different subject though. No P not directed at you personally I have done a lot of those things running and causing damage never hurt anyone thankfully sometimes I lost them sometimes I had a gut feeling I was not going to do it this time so pulled over. What good is a helicopter just to follow you around and wait for you to pull over to grab something to eat, shoot the way things are going they may start charging you for each car or vehicle used to pursue you. I think some areas of Sacramento has stated that up where you will face a cost to stop you and pull you over on top of the ticket cost. What next you will be charged time and materials like a taxi when they start the pursuit they may at that time just follow you around and let the meter run and wait for you to pull over and hand you the bill and ticket, lol. I have had my times with road rage and drove people off the roads and ended up at the club house for the weekend in Santa Rita, lol. Growing up in Vallejo you see some shady ass cops for sure and that's where I learned the hard way right or wrong it becomes there word against your word and in court your word is close to worthless against a cops word. If you are not going to pull over there is a reason for it and all that does it gets the cops adrenalin rush going and calls in for back up to the beat down that all police stations have a spot where there are no cameras and hard for anyone to hear you. Just trying to help you young pups if you know you are caught its easier to just pull over and if the cop is fair they will let you go with a warning like B talked about. We all try to have some fun and we know we are stepping over the line and hope we don't get caught. Back to unmarked cars just wondering if the big three even make a special cop version not too many rear drive V8 cars left, maybe a cost issue to just have graphics put on a white car?
cc_audio Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 I got the lights turned on me by the unmarked Silverado three months ago. I was familiar with the truck, its the drug bust truck and I see it doing work all the time. Its gold with civilian plates, very hard to tell. It put its lights on me so I put my hazards on and drove to the Hyvee parking lot which was quite a drive from where he flicked his lights on. Pulled in the parking lot, locked my doors, and left the window up even when he approached the window. I just called 911 and told them a random truck pulled me over. Can you send a real officer to the Hyvee parking lot. I didn't roll down my window until the second officer rolled up. The cop in the Silverado was pissed, he was really getting frustrated before the other cop showed up. He knocked on the window and yelled, I just kept staring at him while I was on the phone, even tried opening my door. I knew the Silverado was a real cop, but the precautions I took seemed to inspire them. Even though he looked really pissed, he was impressed by what I did. I was weaving through traffic without using my blinker (and speeding, but he had no radar), gave me a verbal warning for being smart about the situation. Its the first time I ever got out of a ticket. Can't say I like unmarked cops, but we have a couple chargers, the silverado, and a durango running around. The chargers do work on the highway and freeways, and I always see the durango and silverdo doin work downtown. They bust a lot of drug deals so I can't hate too much. It's all gone! The Celica Build Feedback If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!
TeamHT Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 I still see no valid reason for cops to drive in unmarked cars. You're the one complaining. I would assume you have a legitimate reason for debate other than they have no reason to do so. Although I've already seen a couple good reasons stated. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
mr.p Posted April 14, 2011 Author Report Posted April 14, 2011 As stated it is lack of a deterent or show of force for cops to be driving around in casual unmarked cars. Also as stated it cause for concern that you have to second guess if it is a legitimate police officer pull over call the cops etc. There should be no question in anyone's mind if a cop is a cop or not. Big giant words on the car like POLICE, HIGHWAY PATROL with a big gold star, is going to be much harder for someone to impersonate and get away with it on a daily basis. They will not get far blatantly impersonating a cop like that. But when all you have to do is put a red and blue light on the front of the car and a light bar in the back tinted window...hell anyone can do it, and i cant tell whose the good guys or bad guys? I left a few other reasons but if you not care to reread then they can be left mute. DCAUDIO BALLS DEEP
iceman1575 Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 They're watching you There are very few unmarked PD cars around here, mostly higher up officers. Sheriff's have slick top CVPI's, so they're not as easy to point out, most of them are black with lettering, so they are VERY hard to pick out at night. The other two departments (city PD), have the light bar on top, so they're not that hard to miss. There are two views on this. What they do is right because you shouldn't be worried if you are committing a crime or not, but then again it doesn't really give you an idea of who's real and who's just trying to f*** around. It all depends on the situation & the officer(s) involved. POTATO!
ChevyBoy95 Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 Today i watched a dodge charger with normal plates, black windows, (it was white) and a custom front grill pull someone over for talking on the cell phone... NO siren, NO light bar on top, NOTHING, just flashing headlights, lights on the dash and rear window... Also a suburban got behind me (it was green) had a red light on the left side of the grill lit up. That was it, so i played it safe and got out of its way. IT went by me and had the full cop light bar in the back window and pulled over a 300c that was getting off the freeway.... No siren, no intercom, no special plates, nothing just a regular suburban with a light bar and obviously malfunctioning front lights in the grill..... Are you serious? How am i supposed to identify you as a police officer or an emergency vehicle...Protect and serve, how will you do either of those things when i cant identify you? If im getting raped how will i know which car to wave at for help? Also how the hell are these things on the freeway giving cell phone tickets? Any thoughts? I think it should be illegal, it makes impersonating a police officer way to easy...You need to be identifiable for SAFETY. How does a small child know which car to take candy from?? huh? <_< This was I80 between natomas and roseville. there all over the place in houston. so easy to spot out though. Big Black grill, dark tint, solid white with the black hubs on the wheels. They have been around a long time, they cruise 610 and major streets. oh yea, they have lights, there on the window line inside the car so when they turn them on it lights up like a reg cop car. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
TeamHT Posted April 15, 2011 Report Posted April 15, 2011 As stated it is lack of a deterent or show of force for cops to be driving around in casual unmarked cars. Also as stated it cause for concern that you have to second guess if it is a legitimate police officer pull over call the cops etc. There should be no question in anyone's mind if a cop is a cop or not. Big giant words on the car like POLICE, HIGHWAY PATROL with a big gold star, is going to be much harder for someone to impersonate and get away with it on a daily basis. They will not get far blatantly impersonating a cop like that. But when all you have to do is put a red and blue light on the front of the car and a light bar in the back tinted window...hell anyone can do it, and i cant tell whose the good guys or bad guys? I left a few other reasons but if you not care to reread then they can be left mute. Sadly, in your attempt to seem smart and witty, you threw intelligence and comprehension out the window. Lol... I will say again, good legitimate reasons for the debate against unmarked cars. If you ACTUALLY believe seeing a police officer is a true deterrent from crime (such...a...stupid logic anyways) then the fact you CAN'T see an officer is even more of a deterrent. You would be infinitely more inclined to follow the law because you would never know when you're being watched or not. You have already been given ample options to follow if you truly feel in danger from being pulled over by an unmarked police car. Unmarked cars are not meant to act as a deterrent, but as a valid witness and enforcer once perps are caught in the act, which logically would make the world safer. If people are only following the law because they see the officer, then they will still commit the crime once the officer is gone. So much for safety. The logical reasons for unmarked cars have been stated many times but you seem to be the only muting reasons here while your objections are a fear of not knowing who to ask for help when being raped. Because...let's be honest. You're not going to just ask anyone for help...they better be a uniformed officer in a marked police vehicle. LOL Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
long814 Posted April 15, 2011 Report Posted April 15, 2011 If he's Unmarked Then U have the Excuse.. that u have ..Dyslexia.. 04 Chevy Silverado 97 Go-Fast Grand Prix GTP 91 Slammed S-10 89 Honda Accord aka "The Rice Patty"
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.