Sundown Audio

Need your opinion on a small amp.

Hoecard

Could use a little more info like budget. There are loads of great 500-600 rms mono amps. Also how does he want to run them? All parallel for a 1 ohm load or series parallel for a 4 ohm load? Does he want to run a two channel or a mono? Will he be upgrading the electrical at all? Does he wish to buy an amp just for this set up or plan on the future and invest in a top end amp that is capable of 1 ohm 2000 rms but will put out 600w rms at 4 ohm? I am a fan and currently run a Zapco amp but I ran Rockfords for years but there are many other great choices as well. I know I did not directly answer your question but hopefully I gave you some things to consider before you purchase.

Barstad

Could use a little more info like budget. There are loads of great 500-600 rms mono amps. Also how does he want to run them? All parallel for a 1 ohm load or series parallel for a 4 ohm load? Does he want to run a two channel or a mono? Will he be upgrading the electrical at all? Does he wish to buy an amp just for this set up or plan on the future and invest in a top end amp that is capable of 1 ohm 2000 rms but will put out 600w rms at 4 ohm? I am a fan and currently run a Zapco amp but I ran Rockfords for years but there are many other great choices as well. I know I did not directly answer your question but hopefully I gave you some things to consider before you purchase.

Hi. I am the buddy hoecard was asking for. Figured I would sign up.

I am on a shoestring budget, hence the svc 8" subs. I have 2 now, and figured it would be fairly cheap/easy to make the jump to 4 and run em at 1 ohm. I guess Id like to keep my budget at 250 tops.

Saw a precision power S850.1D on Amazon for 200. Also wondered if a Rockford Punch PBR300X1 might do a decent job.

Doesnt have to be an amazing fit. Just one that doesnt overheat and cut out, etc.

Its going in a pontiac vibe fwiw.

Thanks

Patiently waiting until 2016...the year in which I likely get to 300 posts... In which then, and only then, will I finally be able to get me some more decaf...

http://www.audioque.com/AQ750-Amplifier_p_46.html

dose 750 rms at 1 ohm. ^^^^^ :good:

should have no problem with stock electrical.

Edited by PowerHouse407

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

• 3 weeks later...