Sonic Electronix

Sealed Vs ported Single cab Pickup

Tried ported but couldnt fit one box would be too small for the 2 12" Kicker CVR's off half power. So I decided I'd do 2cft sealed for the both of them behind the seat, would ported be A LOT louder in a single cab pickup? I've heard sealed in a truck get really loud, he WAS using a sony XPLOD 10" in a sealed box so would these 12's wang A LOT harder sealed behind the seat? I can't port theres NO possible way.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

i had 2 cvt 12"s in a sealed box in the back of my single cab truck it got decently loud for what it was i guess, i always wanted to try a ported center console build just never got around to it...ported would be louder if its done right just depends if you wanna give up leg room, or a seat (assuming you have bench seats)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

ITs single cab its ONE bench seat with very LITTLE room behind it about 2cft would be all I can get ported or non ported I figure for the power and space a sealed box would be best I just want to know if these will hit a lot harder than his single 10" sealed on a Sony V3 amplifier lol I have a 4" PVC pipe thats about 24" long that would make my box about 35hz but with only 10inches of port per cft and only 2.25cft for both subs. Is that adequate? if so I will port it.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

if you think that you can build the center console box right then go for a ported box..if not i wouldnt bother trying to squeeze a ported box behind the seats unless you are short...the box i had in the truck didnt last long, im 6'3" and need every bit of leg room, i dont drive the truck anymore but when i did it was rough losing even 6 inches of leg room

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Tried ported but couldnt fit one box would be too small for the 2 12" Kicker CVR's off half power. So I decided I'd do 2cft sealed for the both of them behind the seat, would ported be A LOT louder in a single cab pickup? I've heard sealed in a truck get really loud, he WAS using a sony XPLOD 10" in a sealed box so would these 12's wang A LOT harder sealed behind the seat? I can't port theres NO possible way.

I went from a ported 2x12 (Alpine Type E's, shallow mount) to a single 12" type E in 3 cubes sealed, and it handled more power, and IMO sounded better sq wise.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

lies my aq d4 sub 10" was in a sealed box in my single cab toyota and it sucked ass completely i mean completely...

now i have ported the box to 33hz and it is 1.67 cu.ft air space 9d x 30w x15h with a piece of 4inch pvc at 16.75" long

here is my single cab toyota pickup truck 1991 when i ported the box

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/106322-porting-my-box-her-some-pics/

Archived