Jump to content

Signal processors (SQ Guys)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok.. I have been really looking hard at the different types of Signal processors and would like to know what your real world experiences are.

I have been looking at the JBL MS-8 and was wanting to know if anyone has one and your thoughts and experiences are with it.

I am currently using a Rockford Fosgate RFX9320 deck in my vehicle but I have a Rockford Fosgate RFX9420 on the way and am going to be using that. I would like to use a signal processor to make the system staging as correct as possible.

As far as signal processors go I am open minded and would like to hear personal experiences with your processor. What your before and after opinion was with the processor you installed.

Posted

List the components of your sound stage. If you intend to do 3 way or 4 way can be a big deciding factor as to what will fit your needs being as their are not to many processors on the market that will do a true active 4 way set up.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Posted

List the components of your sound stage. If you intend to do 3 way or 4 way can be a big deciding factor as to what will fit your needs being as their are not to many processors on the market that will do a true active 4 way set up.

RF Punch Power DVC 12" Subs RFR2212

-----> Switching to 4 15's RFR2215

RF Punch Power DVC 15" Subs RFR2215

dougbox48-2-09014-2.jpg

Rockford Fosgate T1 6x8 in front and rear doors

Rockford6x8.jpg

Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweeters by sun visors (to bring the stage up)

RockfordTweets.jpg

Rockford Fosgate RFX9420 all copper chassis --> Amazing

Rockford Fosgate 500x Mids/highs

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Subs

Still wanting to add more to the doors and will probably stick with Fosgate at least I am about 99.9% sure of that. That will be in a later project and that will be specifically for mid-bass.

I am kinda wanting to find out if I should have a center channel speaker also to help with staging.

If I need to add more amps so my mids and highs are on separate amps then I can do that.

Posted

The 9420 is one badass deck, it look like mine will be installed mine/my dads 64 lincoln.

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Posted

The 9420 is one badass deck, it look like mine will be installed mine/my dads 64 lincoln.

Yea I was using a RFX9400 all copper then just put the RFX9320 all copper in last week then I find a RFX9420 on Craig-list so I picked it up specifically because its a deadhead sq deck with 8 volt pre outs.

And they all sound great.. I find myself collecting these decks for some reason have a RFX9300 also in my wife's car.

Posted

i gotta say man, i'm jealous of you.

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Posted

i gotta say man, i'm jealous of you.

I would like to eventually add the Ravdvd2 and the RFX8250ti to my collection.

Now I just need help determining the next chapter of my build.. Signal processors and what will work best. I just want to make sure since I am putting out a good clean UN-clipped signal that it goes into a signal processor that puts out a good clean UN-clipped signal.

Also wanting to find out if a center channel is worth having or if it is just hype.

Posted

pretty much any of the processors will work for what you have...nothing there is anything thats abnormal or unable to be configured to a normal processor like a bitone or ms8

Posted

Uhhhh. Rf 360.3 has my vote.

Does everything all the other processors do and its another rf piece to your collection.

Plus side to it...

I like that u can use iphone and ipad to tune it. Gives u aux input

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted

Uhhhh. Rf 360.3 has my vote.

Does everything all the other processors do and its another rf piece to your collection.

Plus side to it...

I like that u can use iphone and ipad to tune it. Gives u aux input

is the 3sixty.3 available now?

I was looking at the 3sixty.1 and the 3sixty.2 but have read that there was an issue with the blue-tooth dropping out on the units and not having access to tune it anymore.

dont have a iphone or Ipad but it would be nice if you can tune it with an android phone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1025 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...