dual xs d6500s finished pics up

i got my hands on a second d6500 and wanted to try getting it to fit under the hood. i got a second coolant tank from the junkyard, so the only thing im losing is the front washer fluid reservoir but im gonna try to find a spot for that tank too. anyways onto the pics.

STP61745.jpg

where the batts going

STP61746.jpg

both coolant and washer fluid tanks removed, had to move my cruise control too

STP61747.jpg

like a glove

STP61748.jpg

STP61749.jpg

the positive terminal is right underneath one of the contours in the hood so i have plenty of clearance

STP61750.jpg

first bracket made. you cant see but it wraps around the side and hooks the bottom and sits on the wheel well

STP61751.jpg

second bracket. uses a stud from the coolant mounts and hooks over the top to keep batt from rocking.

STP61752.jpg

done. just gotta paint the brackets now. you can see where i moved the cruise control to. its the little black piece with the little silver cap

STP61753-1.jpg

Edited by baaudio

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Where did you relocate the coolant overflow tank to? Cuz if you just removed it :nea::ehh:

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

its in that spot. i wouldnt leave it out lol. washer fluid is whatever, but you NEED a coolant tank

STP61745-1.jpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Nice. This makes me sad that my friend is selling his explorer. I want to rebuild it and make it better.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

nice work man I would like to fit in a 2nd 6500 in mine but I dont got skillz like you to move stuff :(

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

I was thinking of doing this except shortening the air ram and taking the factory air box out, ur idea is slick too, might have to steal it

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

nice work man I would like to fit in a 2nd 6500 in mine but I dont got skillz like you to move stuff :(

honestly this was super easy once i figured out where i wanted the battery to be. right now the cruise and spare coolant tank are just zip tied in place. the hardest part was making the brackets to hold the battery. that took some creativity lol. ill post more pics once i have it installed officially, right now im painting the brackets and waiting on wire to set it up.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Very nice man, i´m gonna try something like that soon in my 2gen explorer, keep it up :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/