Sonic Electronix

what is this 1/10, 5/10? is that a setting on your HU??

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

my box is tuned high...its at about 40 hz.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

Either gain is too high, too much bass boost/clipping from headunit, or your tuning is too high, as everyone else said.

D-train, all subs will not start stinking. Don't know where you get that. I've seen many higher end subs play for years and never have smelled the slightest coil. That's the difference of a tuned and not tuned system.

what is this 1/10, 5/10? is that a setting on your HU??

no its 1/10 on the amp gain. the subwoofer level on the HU is at 0

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

its 4 P1 10s. that 600 rms. i have exactly 600 going into them from my T500-1bd, punch eq is at 0. I really think this is more of an enclosure or overexcursion problem resulting from it.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

my box is tuned high...its at about 40 hz.

Heres your problem, in a regular ported box you shouldnt really play more than a few hertz under tuning or you'll smoke your subs.

New box tuned to 28-33 if you like your lows. You will lose a tad on the high notes, but worth it IMO.

Are the subwoofers new? a new woofer lets off a sweet glue smell from the coils enamel coating thinning which is fine. If it's a burnt electric smell or a nasty smell its probably coil heating up. If its just on low notes chances are your electrical cannot keep up (might NOT be the gain.)

Lower notes can cause electrical to drop a lot more rapid due to rise and many other factors, also not setting subsonic and playing below tuning can cause this. For now turn your gains down should fix it, i'd suggest making a box a little higher (35hz is the sweet spot) and playing less intensive lows (until you oscope your gain and get better electrical.)

IF not you'll blow your subwoofer. Lows are NO joke clipping or over-powering CAN take time to blow but pushing woofers on a low note can tear a spider or surround or warp the coil, its bad news bears.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

then why the hell did you say 5/10 instead of 1/2?

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Either gain is too high, too much bass boost/clipping from headunit, or your tuning is too high, as everyone else said.

D-train, all subs will not start stinking. Don't know where you get that. I've seen many higher end subs play for years and never have smelled the slightest coil. That's the difference of a tuned and not tuned system.

well i stand corrected. im still a noob here. thanks for clearing that up.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/