Sonic Electronix

1/10th of the amp gain doesnt sound like clipping to me or even over-powering, probably box and playing way below tuning with voltage drop. What type of HU are you using? 4v preouts or lower? Having your headunit too high with bad preouts CAN cause clipping there so many different variables but chances are its clipping + enclosure + too low of tuning.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

then why the hell did you say 5/10 instead of 1/2?

bro, the CLIPPING point is at 5/10, i keep my gain on 1/10 though. and i did say what equipment i had. 4 P1 10's on a T500-1bdcp

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

1/10th of the amp gain doesnt sound like clipping to me or even over-powering, probably box and playing way below tuning with voltage drop. What type of HU are you using? 4v preouts or lower? Having your headunit too high with bad preouts CAN cause clipping there so many different variables but chances are its clipping + enclosure + too low of tuning.

My head unit is a sony xplod with 2v preouts. I do have it runnin on a stock batt and stock alt, but i have never once had a problem with dimming lights or decreasing bass volume from it. I am getting the big 3 very soon...

is it better to have my gain low and HU sub level high? or gain higher with sub level on 0...

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

if its a eclipse hu or something with an 8v preout it could still be clipping.

then why the hell did you say 5/10 instead of 1/2?

bro, the CLIPPING point is at 5/10, i keep my gain on 1/10 though. and i did say what equipment i had. 4 P1 10's on a T500-1bdcp

bro, 5/10 in fractions is 1/2. simplify

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

My head unit is a sony xplod with 2v preouts. I do have it runnin on a stock batt and stock alt, but i have never once had a problem with dimming lights or decreasing bass volume from it. I am getting the big 3 very soon...

is it better to have my gain low and HU sub level high? or gain higher with sub level on 0...

from what ive been told your supposed to set the levels on the amp with HU settings at 0. then adjust the HU.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

bro, 5/10 in fractions is 1/2. simplify

sorry my gain knob is numbered 1-10

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

Unloading.

?

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w