Sonic Electronix

A friend of mine has a blown w7 i believe its a 12. He was wondering what the cheapest way to get it reconed, either to look like a normal w7 or if need be look like nay other subwoofer (i know how the w7 has the mounting under its surround i believe) something like that

i believe he said the last time he asked jl audio themselves they quoted him like 200-250, but that was a few years back, he kind of got out of audio but with my recent interest he is also getting interested again

i told him about fixmyspeaker and if they werent busy maybe forevrbumpn, ssacket, or ordering one from fi or another company that may prove cheaper but still work if they had one, but i didnt know if anyone else knew which would be the best route

any help is appreciated

I think they use some funky size coil so getting it re-coned is tough which is why jl charges so much so others can't do it. I have nothing against jl but when they fail your better off buying new cause of what they charge.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

If I remember right I've seen a YouTube video of someone using a audioque recone for the w7 but they had to modify the motor.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

$ 200-250 to have a quite new w7 ? Save money, and do it !

Those subs are expensive, so their recone kit won't be cheap.:peepwall:

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

alright, thank you

seems jl is about the only way to get a recone and of course no gonna be cheap, i personally suggested he find a new sub, but depends on how much he really wants to get back into car audio

Archived