Jump to content

$300 Budget for Components


OrionStang

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm leaning towards the Hi Energy's. $85, can't beat that. Not a fan of JBL, but thanks for the reply guys.

Blackedout: I am getting my door panels done, but I need to decide on the speakers first to fab them. I'll check out the Selenium stuff. Parts express the best place to get them?

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

I'm leaning towards the Hi Energy's. $85, can't beat that. Not a fan of JBL, but thanks for the reply guys.

Blackedout: I am getting my door panels done, but I need to decide on the speakers first to fab them. I'll check out the Selenium stuff. Parts express the best place to get them?

PE or Ebay is the best place to get em. Gary Killian Runs them and hes got the loudest doors I've heard to date. Not to say there's not louder doors out there... But he didn't spend much on his selenium components.

Seleniums are also sold in singles too... so if you blow a component, you won't have to buy more than you need.

Posted

Not used the eBay hertz but heard good things atleast. Basically they seem to be legit but maybe didn't pass quality control for minor non mechanical reasons I hear. I absolutely love my HSK 163s. And you will be amazed bythe midbass. Puts every other mid I've heard to shame.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" comps. I would say the best speakers under $200 out there, sounds similar to the Rainbow Germaniums which are in the $500 range. Run these in my car and love them, recommend them to everybody.

Posted

Those HSKs above have a very, very good chance of being fake. Plus, they're the old model which doesn't compare to the new one really.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

Posted

Those HSKs above have a very, very good chance of being fake. Plus, they're the old model which doesn't compare to the new one really.

I know they're the older model, hence the cheap price. I want to know what facts you base your statement on about them being fake. Where do you think all the old model-year surplus, from all kinds of companies, go's? These ebay sellers, alot of them in southeast Asia, buy it all up and post it for auction.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

I've been looking for HSKs for the past month and have done lots of research. I've come up with numerous topics on sounddomain and caraudio.com where people weren't sure about their purchases. They called up Hertz in Italy and they couldn't find a match for the serials on his speakers in their directory. There is even a post specifically made by Hertz I have to find the link for that states to be very selective of eBay sellers. This can be said for all things, but Hertz claims there is a large amount of knock offs when it comes to their older HSK line. Places where it is prevalent include Singapore, Malyasia and Bulgaria.

I've been on top of the HSKs on eBay for a good while now yet filter for sellers only in the U.S to make sure I get a quality product because since I'm inexperienced I doubt I could tell if they're knockoffs or not without calling. However, by all means, if they sound great and you can verify they're real then let me know! haha

I totally want a pair of these. I would love to buy the 3-ways.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 854 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...