$300 Budget for Components

OrionStang

I need some recommendations for good components. I want loud and clear, but the midbass has to be good as well, since I am no longer using seperate midbass drivers. I've looked at all the Rainbow, ID, Focal, etc on woofersetc.com but I have not heard any of them. RE is still my first choice, but i'm expanding my options.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I got 2 sets of the hertz hsk's on flea bay and love them, never knew 6.5's could have so much bass coming from them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HERTZ-HI-ENERGY-HSK-165-6-5-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SET-/270683226016?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item3f05fa3fa0#ht_3353wt_716

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Selenium. All their drivers are 8 ohm. Which is a good thing... because they aren't any less loud than a 4 ohm car audio speaker. You'll pull half the power from your highs amps or have more wiring combinations. An 8" driver will give you better midbass response, but a 6" driver might be louder on the upper range.

Tweeters.... Go big if you want to get loud. Pretty much most of the Selenium ST (super tweeter)line gets loud.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-348

If you aren't ready to modify the door panels or are gearing more towards SQ and want to go with a flush mount tweeter, I recommend silk dome tweeters.

You could have the best drivers in the world with the best crossovers in the world.... but that doesn't mean it will sound great in your car. Every application is different. What really makes speakers sound good is the processing and placement. Invest a little less in speakers and a little more in processing, and proper speaker installation and I think you'll be much happier.

I just purchased a set of JBL GTI MKII 6.5 components and I am very pleased. Much better than my rockfords. Im so pleased that I am gonna swith all my components to these. A lil pricey but worth it IMO.

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

I'd like to listen to those jbl. I found them around $200 on ebay, new. I've read somewhere, from a user, that the tweeters need to be mounted off axis, because they are a bit on the harsh side.

I have a set of Focal 165KP for years, now. And I love them, specially the midbass ! Very strong, and accurate. the tweeters may not be the best in the world, but it's enough for me. The midbass is wonderful on them. Nothing (I've heared) compare to them. But they are expensive, usually.

:drinks:

Good luck

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I'd like to listen to those jbl. I found them around $200 on ebay, new. I've read somewhere, from a user, that the tweeters need to be mounted off axis, because they are a bit on the harsh side.

I have a set of Focal 165KP for years, now. And I love them, specially the midbass ! Very strong, and accurate. the tweeters may not be the best in the world, but it's enough for me. The midbass is wonderful on them. Nothing (I've heared) compare to them. But they are expensive, usually.

:drinks:

Good luck

I also read that somewhere but did not find it to be true in my experience so far with them. Idk maybe my ears are f'd up from to much abuse over the years lol. But a very nice set of components in my opinion and not too harsh on the wallet. I would love to try some Focals someday but I gotta hit the lottery or rob a bank first ha.

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4