So they only gave you one 800 dollar woofer. my bad. Ed is not a second party. Ed is the one who mentioned it was half bad. Ed is t3. Ric could have known and failed to mention it. Of course Ed would have came right out and said that too. And If they are willing to recone it Id bet it lasts. You know why? Because its going to be built better. regardless of the first woofer being half gone. Id want to do it again too. Id like to try and save some face that was just lost. Pull the blinders off. You do realize that box was probably in the recommended specs of a box for a t3 considering all the other woofers all have similar box specs. Was it optimal? probably not. But neither was it for anyone elses woofers either. What it does is prove to be very consistent regardless of equipment. You have just as much speculation as anyone as to what happened. the only thing is you're a t3 guy running t3 product and feel like everyones picking on you. Thats not the case. IF shipping wasnt a bitch Id ship rick one of my9515s to test and Id tell him to keep upping the power til it blew.

that is correct.

And I didn't see Ed post that, I saw the person that posted it in the T.2000 testing thread. Im pretty sure it was imnotmikal since he posted all this info now too.

But what you're not understanding is that I wasn't posting to back T3, I was posting to give a possible explanation of the sub failure. The sub just happened to be a T3 sub during that test. That's what got me the most, the fact that it seems like I can't have an opinion during a T3 thread because it is automatically because I'm a nuthugger.

Edited by Berto

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Was your post necessary either? Was this thread necessary? Is this off topic section necessary? Most of the stuff on this forum and in this world aren't necessary tbh.

We've all experienced people come at us. Mods have come at me too...just "brush the dirt off ya shoulder," so to speak. (I'm not calling you a hater Nate, and you know that)

I know that people come at people all the time. But what I keep going back to was the fact that I didn't even mention the sub. I just offered a possible explanation as to why the sub failed or the test didn't last long. Was that the real reason things happened? I don't know, but it was just a possibility.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

In regards to the damaged sub, I decided to search for it so others can be lazy.

In the thread where the AA was tested:

PCA:

On a side note, Ed said that the T3 had been damaged in an earlier install... and is going to recone this woofer and let us try again, so stay tuned for results on that.

Link

Also this:

PCA:

I have to say this though... Ed knew the power that would be running on this sub..

Link

HHR ED:

That T.2000 was in my car, I was taking it to recone for my brother. Had it in there when I was at Ric's shop and decided to leave it there for shits and giggles.

Since everybody else that switched from DD Zs to T.2000s all went up, I was hoping even a damaged woofer with coil rub would still do a big number.

Poop happens, oh well.

Link

Also, edit/note thing:

I realize this isn't really what this thread is about, but I just wanted to compile all this together somewhere for people so see.

Thanks for providing this info.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

when i saw this title I thought maybe a semi cut you off when you were driving to work lol.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

If people really wanted to bash, they have more than enough ammunition. The testing was aggreed to, the equipment provided, and the results were to be posted regardless of outcome as stated and consent given to.

You rant about your so called right to an opinion while attempting to perceive the Mod is not given a voice for his opinion. But unlike you, he doesn't run T3, so no conflict of interest. For whatever reason, both T3 drivers failed while NO OTHER driver did, even a 600rms sub. Pick your flavor, but facts are fact. You have your perception of the truth, everyone else has theirs.

If I were T3, I'd ask you to edit your post. This doesn't paint a much better picture or add any salt to the situation.

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

actually this ones done. if you feel that the mod/admin staff is doing something wrong send an email to steve or tony c and they can take care of it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.