How the hell did you get a 4.5" drop out of lowering springs? Tein coilovers don't even allow that much drop

OP... How much are you willing to spend? We can give you multiple options once you give us a price point

do not know, but my car compared to a stock civic, is around 4 inches lower, just going by what i see. lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

you'll need springs and upper adjustable knuckles to prevent extreme tire wear. Moog makes a really good set for not much money

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Eibach makes a good set of lowering springs, as does Neuspeed for that year civic ... you'll pay less than $200 a set for either of them. add the Moog knuckles and a set of macpherson struts to that and you're right on budget

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Do the front wheels on the red car look like they have camber? Why would he buy an oem replacement strut with lowering springs? He might as well just put them on his struts

If I decide to go with the Ground Control and Koni combination will I need to purchase a front and rear camber kit in addition, or does the Ground Control combination allow for adjustment? And any other information regarding what else I will have to do once I install them because if I drop 890 dollars I don't really want to have to upgrade much else besides realigning the car after I drop it. Also what are the recommended spring ratings for that set-up if anyone knows off the top of their head?

If I decide to go with the Ground Control and Koni combination will I need to purchase a front and rear camber kit in addition, or does the Ground Control combination allow for adjustment? And any other information regarding what else I will have to do once I install them because if I drop 890 dollars I don't really want to have to upgrade much else besides realigning the car after I drop it. Also what are the recommended spring ratings for that set-up if anyone knows off the top of their head?

No you won't need any camber kits. Again, check out my car above. It has almost no camber running that low. The spring rates all depends on how low you want to go.

edit: You have a PM. I found a really good deal on the setup

• 3 months later...

I just picked up a set of skunk 2 pro s v2 coilovers today, and can't wait to get rid of the eBay crap the previous owner had installed. I have heard only great things about the koni/gc combo. But if you don't want any tire wear dePending on the size of your wheels you should get a camber kit. They are cheap and will save your tires. Also stock struts can't handle the more aggressive spring rates of lowering springs so they will give out. Right now I can hear the oil from my struts when I push the car down. Like the rest have said do it right the first time.

Archived