Sundown Audio

Amp Meltdown

You tuned your amp to non-boosted/slowed music. Boosted/slowed music might not be clipped, but it could be pushing your amp to clipped levels.

Bingo. If your scoped your amp on regular music, this boosted music most likely had a stronger signal. It's not because the songs had minimal clipping in them, it's because your gains were too high for these songs. Instead of only clipping where the song does, your amp was most likely forcing a clipped signal on every bass note which caused it to draw too much current and eventually melted your fuses.

Edited by fr34kout

Look for a short (don't rely on your inline fuse to tell you look for it) or to see if your ground came loose. Next check the load on your subs and if they are off take them out and see what's up. If you don't see any issues with the previous items put in new fuses. If the amp doesn't turn on you prolly cooked the amp which popped the fuses.

OMG your music was clipping so obviously that breaks all of your shit! :bull: You guys take the extreme scenario and apply it to everything all the time. If it's clipping related he can almost certainly find the problem at the subs.

EDIT: Did you really play all the songs one after another full tilt? <_<

a bet a ton of the music on here clips, a lot of the music on the artist own cd clips

Tons of music does, but people like pretending that everyone is putting double RMS to their subs and beating the hell out of them 24/7.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Look for a short (don't rely on your inline fuse to tell you look for it) or to see if your ground came loose. Next check the load on your subs and if they are off take them out and see what's up. If you don't see any issues with the previous items put in new fuses. If the amp doesn't turn on you prolly cooked the amp which popped the fuses.

OMG your music was clipping so obviously that breaks all of your shit! :bull: You guys take the extreme scenario and apply it to everything all the time. If it's clipping related he can almost certainly find the problem at the subs.

a bet a ton of the music on here clips, a lot of the music on the artist own cd clips

Tons of music does, but people like pretending that everyone is putting double RMS to their subs and beating the hell out of them 24/7.

I agree, highly doubt playing a boosted song would have done that.. your fuses didn't even blow, looks like too much power going thru them or just shitty fuses..

Edited by Sable Nave

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

Not all 30 or 31 songs all the way through but about a half hour of playtime yes.

DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

You tuned your amp to non-boosted/slowed music. Boosted/slowed music might not be clipped, but it could be pushing your amp to clipped levels.

Bingo. If your scoped your amp on regular music, this boosted music most likely had a stronger signal. It's not because the songs had minimal clipping in them, it's because your gains were too high for these songs. Instead of only clipping where the song does, your amp was most likely forcing a clipped signal on every bass note which caused it to draw too much current and eventually melted your fuses.

Thank you!

DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.