Sonic Electronix

Hi to all. I just wanna let everyone know im new to the forum and too car audio. I've heard over a long period of time that DD is a great brand in general but ive mostly heard good thing about their subs and I was thinking of getting a DD3515 now ive asked a friend what cind of box i should build cause i want to tune it at a low frequency cause im a fan of low bass, and he told me that dd will go low even if i fix a box tuned a 36Hz or even 38Hz. and i just wanted to know if that is the case. Now a nother question is that if i run it on an RF 1500.BD would it be ok?

2001 peugeot 106 quicksilver

4 beyma 8''

2 titanium bullet tweeters

1 soundstream ST-T15 custom box made

1 hifonics brutus 2400.1

1 cadence c9 competition 100.4

1 SVR 2000P batterie

0 gauge cadence power wire

145.3 @ 42Hz

I have a sc dd3515f, and I love it. My box is 4.5 cubes after displacements and tuned to 35 hz and it sounds great. I'm going to run it off an Aq 2200 soon, and im positive that it can handle that 1500.BD as long as you don't clip :D

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

From what I've heard the box designs on DDs Website is great for their subs...

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I built a nissan sentra (trunk car) with a single DD 3515 and a DD m2, 145.3 @ 48 hz on the meter with a VERY musical box, i fucking love that sub man, 4-4.5 c/f and 72-80SQ of port it´s a kickass box for that sub, a 1500.1 it´s a very small power for that sub believe it or not, so yes it´s safe using that amplifier on your application :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

that tuning will stay play low just fine.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

From what I've heard the box designs on DDs Website is great for their subs...

You are correct my friend, but after a lot of testing, i can tell you this, 3500 and 9500 series LOVE more port than the DD´s webpage plans, remember they are intended for some basic daily application...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

About the amp Ive heard that rockford forgate amps are under rated and im sure that the amp will easaly go up to 1700 rms and maybe more so i think ill be alright for a daily soundsystem. Now about the box, you suggest 4-4.5cu will be ok? plus if you have any electrical upgrade suggestion that would be great cause all the electrical in my car is still stock.

2001 peugeot 106 quicksilver

4 beyma 8''

2 titanium bullet tweeters

1 soundstream ST-T15 custom box made

1 hifonics brutus 2400.1

1 cadence c9 competition 100.4

1 SVR 2000P batterie

0 gauge cadence power wire

145.3 @ 42Hz

Big 3 in 0gauge, get the biggest XS Power battery you can fit under the hood, and you should be alright :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

About the amp Ive heard that rockford forgate amps are under rated and im sure that the amp will easaly go up to 1700 rms and maybe more so i think ill be alright for a daily soundsystem. Now about the box, you suggest 4-4.5cu will be ok? plus if you have any electrical upgrade suggestion that would be great cause all the electrical in my car is still stock.

Yes they are under rated, but also the sub is, i clamped 1700 watts to each 3518 and they´ve been getting the abuse for about a year now without any problems, i´m guessing that after impedance rise and voltage drops, you´ll get no more than 1000 watts if you are lucky, only way you blow that sub with that amount of power it´s if you clip it, so you are good to go!!

About electrical, yes get the biggest XS power you can fit in the front, big3 , at least 1 pos and 1 neg runs from batt to amplifier and let´s pray it doesn´t drop that much, the car i talked about upgraded the stock alternator and changed that piece of crap for a Nissan Versa´s alternator, same one that i use on the Suzuki Swift, those things are MONSTERS , 140 amps for about 70$??? doesn´t get any better than that :)

I would do something like 4.2 cubic feet and 74SQ of port if you are going with a slot, or maybe a single 8" PVC tube with some nice flares on the end, that should pound as hell, here´s a video from the car i talked about, that thing plays nasty even with 4 windows open, too bad the camera mic was a piece of crap when i taped that video, don´t worry, i´ll get you another one soon :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkWFAtI9KU