Second Skin Audio

audiopipe1800d or brz1700

which amp is more efficent and reliable on the electrical?

i believe the hifonics is alot more efficient and better made. and i think the new hifonics amps are cea certified. i'd get a 2nd opinion tho.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

You sir, deserve a great big fist in the face. <_<

Why?

Explain instead of just saying that..

Audiopipe amps are not decent.

annnnd you base that on what statement? please provide proof instead of just saying that..

they are budget.. they are NOT sundown, JL, arc or audison quality... you get what you pay for..

but for the mid ranged budget stuff, they are good stuff, can beat the shit out of it and it will work all day every day....

but please provide proof instead of just saying that though man

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

um go on caco and check out there amp benched section the ap1500 does more then rated. if u took a peak inside my ap1800 u wouldnt be saying hifonics is better made id say my ap1800 is a beast as far as cea rated my duel amp that comes from walmart is cea rated sooo......

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Go audiopipe ive had both hifonics and currently have the ap1500 and its slightly louder not much than my audioque 1200d so i say its rated. Never gets hot even after playing full tilt a lot.

Hifonics was also a good amp so it boils down to cost.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

You sir, deserve a great big fist in the face. <_<

Why?

Explain instead of just saying that..

Audiopipe amps are not decent.

annnnd you base that on what statement? please provide proof instead of just saying that..

they are budget.. they are NOT sundown, JL, arc or audison quality... you get what you pay for..

but for the mid ranged budget stuff, they are good stuff, can beat the shit out of it and it will work all day every day....

but please provide proof instead of just saying that though man

Thaha, you got me there. :)

Excuse me, audiopipe amps arent as efficient as the new hifonics.

Someone i met had problems with audiopipe, getting real hot, big voltage drop (till 12.3v) although it still plays with that low voltage but it didnt make rated power within 1-5 % of THD.

Hifonics amp that i have used did perform quite good on the shitty electrical i had (90amp alt ,no extra batt), did rated clamped power at 13.x volts. Didnt overheat, the guts looked decent for a 1600w amp.

Audiopipe guts dont look that well built.(only have seen it on pictures)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Ive had both on not so good electrical sometimes dropping to 11 and both performed well and did not get hot.

I compared personally audioque 1200d and these other two and they all were within the same output with the audiopipe getting a slight nod ahead.

For $150 an audiopipe 1500 cannot be beat just take the risk and you will not regret it ive had mine for almost 2 years still never gets hot and still pounds.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31