Second Skin Audio

My short test of poly fill in a ported box

samslowp1s

I honestly think you heard what you wanted to hear.

That is exactly why I want to use a TL to try and back up what my ear-o-meter is telling me. Know anyone in San Diego that has one?

No. I live in Alaska, lol. I mean, your setup is your own so if it sounds better to you that is all that matters. All I can say I have not noticed a measurable difference on the TL using Polyfill in ported enclosures. Sealed was a little different, but hats off to you for trying something and reporting your results. Much different than the random should I do this and why thread.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

No. I live in Alaska, lol. I mean, your setup is your own so if it sounds better to you that is all that matters. All I can say I have not noticed a measurable difference on the TL using Polyfill in ported enclosures. Sealed was a little different, but hats off to you for trying something and reporting your results. Much different than the random should I do this and why thread.

Hey biattcchhh, but your score dropped or stayed the same?? i have no problems with poly if it sounds better using it and the score stays the same :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Thanks for that, even though I am relatively new to the site, I have seen a bunch of questions being asked that could easily be found through a little research. I am not trying to put anyone down, I believe the "no question is dumb" rule, but I absolutely hate those which sub should I get threads. LOL

Anyone that has some experience with poly fill, good or bad, please chime in.

I use it in both sealed and porter designs. Works great.

Like someone already said, it is application specific. The polyfill will definitely change how the woofer responds in the box. Even the amount of polyfill will change the results. Just have to experiment to see if the change is an improvement or not. Testing has shown that even too much polyfill in a sealed box gives negative results. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived