Sonic Electronix

I have heard so many things about what would be the best way to go about getting the most out of this kind of setup but I just don't know which is best. If you guys had this equipment what would you do with it? How would you install it? Please give me your recommendations as far as ported vs sealed vs bandpass etc. Everything is purchased and I am waiting to sort out the details on the install.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS this will ultimately be a daily setup geared more towards r&b, salsa, reggaeton and some rap.

1988 Chevy Caprice Classic 305 v8

SUBS:

(2) RE AUDIO XXX-D2 12"

MONO AMP:

Sundown SAZ-4500D.1

Front Stage:

HERTZ HSK 163 COMPONENT 3-WAY

4 Channel Amp:

Sundown SAX-100.4

Electrical:

DC POWER 240 AMP Alternator

2 XS Power D3400 Batteries

1 XS Power S1200 Battery

those xxxs murder lows. if it was me id do ported in the 28-30hz area

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

I have heard so many things about what would be the best way to go about getting the most out of this kind of setup but I just don't know which is best. If you guys had this equipment what would you do with it? How would you install it? Please give me your recommendations as far as ported vs sealed vs bandpass etc. Everything is purchased and I am waiting to sort out the details on the install.

PS this will ultimately be a daily setup geared more towards r&b, salsa, reggaeton and some rap.

SUBS:

(2) RE AUDIO XXX-D2 12"

MONO AMP:

Sundown SAZ-4500D.1

Front Stage:

4 Channel Amp:

Sundown SAX-100.4

Electrical:

1 XS Power S1200 Battery

Sick setup, definitly go custom ported. Tuned between 30-36. ehhhh idk how much box you could fit in a caprice, but i'd say 6-8ft and i really hope your not thinking about a pre-fab box...

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

6-8?? He needs about 2cubes per sub. Depending on if he plans to run that saz on .5 or 2ohms. Personaly i think those subs need alot of port area. Around 18-19 per cubic foot. That will be were the space is at.

SUBS:

(2) RE AUDIO XXX-D2 12"

MONO AMP:

Sundown SAZ-4500D.1

Front Stage:

4 Channel Amp:

Sundown SAX-100.4

Electrical:

1 XS Power S1200 Battery

Sick setup, definitly go custom ported. Tuned between 30-36. ehhhh idk how much box you could fit in a caprice, but i'd say 6-8ft and i really hope your not thinking about a pre-fab box...

I would put in a 4th order bandpass if you have the room. I'd tune it in the 40-45hz range for the lows. I would also try to make the box as efficient as possible. I would get the electrical requirements to run it at .5ohm, or strap two 2500Ds

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I would put in a 4th order bandpass if you have the room. I'd tune it in the 40-45hz range for the lows. I would also try to make the box as efficient as possible. I would get the electrical requirements to run it at .5ohm, or strap two 2500Ds

I know these subs can take some power but would they be able to handle the 4500d @ .5 ohm? If so what kind of power would each sub be seeing? How many more batts would I need to get?

Those woofers for 12s do not need that much power that's for sure, unless u get 15s 18s, those classics have huge trunks I have done 4 15s in a friend of mines. Also no need to be running @.5 u won't hear a difference

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Those woofers for 12s do not need that much power that's for sure, unless u get 15s 18s, those classics have huge trunks I have done 4 15s in a friend of mines. Also no need to be running @.5 u won't hear a difference

So what kind of box setup would you do?