Sonic Electronix

and just because Ive done it, doesnt mean that you can or should.

It just seems to me like after rise wiring at 1ohm it would be ok? I wish:-/

You cant estimate rise. You may rise to 4 ohms, but you may rise to 1.2 ohms. We cant tell you because of all the variables.

I have a question- when your system is at "rest," what impedance does the amp see? Thatll make you think again

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

bcz it is physically impossible to run my 8 dual 4s at 2 ohm :(

Have you looked at the way the wiring diagrams for the warhorse work? I don't mean to sound degrading to the research you may have done, but you definitely do not wire subs to a warhorse the conventional way you would with regular amps.

I honestly haven't even looked into it as I am not familiar with them.

Would I be able to then? :trippy:

Documentation!

http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/2007%20WX%2010000-1%204in1%20v01.pdf

Read up grasshopper :drinks:

Correct info 2 post down!!!!

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

Well if it doesn't work at least it will protect and not poof

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Please read!!! And DO NOT DO AS SUGGESTED ABOVE. If you guys do not understand how this amp works, please do not post up and give people wrong info. . .Sorry J_Black :)

The amp is a push pull amp. One output pushes the cone, the other pulls it. All 8 speakers have to be wired with one coil from each speaker on each output of the amp.

Using coil 1 on all 8 speakers, wire in a series parallel to get 2 ohms (4 + 4)//(4 + 4)//(4 + 4)//(4 + 4)=2. That connects to output 1.

Using coil 2 on all 8 speakers, wire in a series parallel to get 2 ohms (4 + 4)//(4 + 4)//(4 + 4)//(4 + 4)=2. That connects to output 2.

The kicker warhorse only powers one coil at a time on your sub. The other coil gets shorted during that time. Each output never changes polarity. . .

If you buy this amp, you MUST read the manual and understand it, or call Kicker Tech Support. It is unlike other amps and if not wired correctly, you are going to need recones for you subs and possibly repair on the amp!

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Please read!!! And DO NOT DO AS SUGGESTED ABOVE. If you guys do not understand how this amp works, please do not post up and give people wrong info. . .Sorry J_Black :)

The amp is a push pull amp. One output pushes the cone, the other pulls it. All 8 speakers have to be wired with one coil from each speaker on each output of the amp.

Using coil 1 on all 8 speakers, wire in a series parallel to get 2 ohms (4 + 4)//(4 + 4)//(4 + 4)//(4 + 4)=2. That connects to output 1.

Using coil 2 on all 8 speakers, wire in a series parallel to get 2 ohms (4 + 4)//(4 + 4)//(4 + 4)//(4 + 4)=2. That connects to output 2.

The kicker warhorse only powers one coil at a time on your sub. The other coil gets shorted during that time. Each output never changes polarity. . .

If you buy this amp, you MUST read the manual and understand it, or call Kicker Tech Support. It is unlike other amps and if not wired correctly, you are going to need recones for you subs and possibly repair on the amp!

Brian

OHHHHHHH!!!!! That's what I get for not reading......Thanks for correcting me B!!!!!

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

Fuck no don't you dare do this!!!!! Go read how the amp works before making such a dumbass comment.

I'm so fucking sick of these threads about the warhorse and dumbass people that have no fucking clue about how the amp works replying to the thread!

Have you looked at the way the wiring diagrams for the warhorse work? I don't mean to sound degrading to the research you may have done, but you definitely do not wire subs to a warhorse the conventional way you would with regular amps.

Documentation!

After looking at the manual, you should be fine!! That amp has 2 speaker outputs, each can have a minimum load of 2 ohms. So if you have 8 dual 4ohm subs, series the coils and parallel 4 of the subs together, that gives you 2 ohms!! So put 4 on each speaker output and you will be good to go!!!

^^^^^dont be such a dick man. Just a simple question with a simple answer no need to get all crazy about it.

Thanks to all that answered I will just stick with getting a PB5K for now

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

Fuck no don't you dare do this!!!!! Go read how the amp works before making such a dumbass comment.

I'm so fucking sick of these threads about the warhorse and dumbass people that have no fucking clue about how the amp works replying to the thread!

Documentation!

After looking at the manual, you should be fine!! That amp has 2 speaker outputs, each can have a minimum load of 2 ohms. So if you have 8 dual 4ohm subs, series the coils and parallel 4 of the subs together, that gives you 2 ohms!! So put 4 on each speaker output and you will be good to go!!!

LMAO.....you're funny!!!!!!!!

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

Archived