Second Skin Audio

I love prefab boxes. . .

i can almost gaurentee that no prefab boz in the world will be able to hold the hccas. 2 12s will be around 140 pounds worth of wait.for even 1 sub you need double baffel and bracing.

you dont NEED double baffling if you have proper bracing

2 mayhem 18s are getting down right now with a single baffle and hardwood bracing

thank you.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

there labyrinth slot port looks like a great way to add port noise :P

"twice the amount of decibels"!

it's in my trunk. Where would port noise be a problem?

got a box for EVERY subwoofer my ass.

and that guy making a box in the video...that didnt look very clean for someone that all they do is make boxes all day every day.

Please take the subs out and ship them to me, so they can be used in a proper box.

X2

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

i can almost gaurentee that no prefab boz in the world will be able to hold the hccas. 2 12s will be around 140 pounds worth of wait.for even 1 sub you need double baffel and bracing.

you dont NEED double baffling if you have proper bracing

2 mayhem 18s are getting down right now with a single baffle and hardwood bracing

thank you.

ok no double baffle but i have yet to see a prefab that has bracing in it. i bought a subzero for my L7 15 and no bracing. same with my boys system. im just saything those subs weigh a shit load

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

ok no double baffle but i have yet to see a prefab that has bracing in it.

SSA's Khaotik enclosures had very nice bracing

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

where the port pointlessly does a 180 degree bend, or multiple 180 degree bends, when it could just have a single 90 degree bend... :shrug:

how do you know it's pointless? Have you tested something like this? I'm not saying it isn't pointless, but the burden of proof is on you since you claim it's pointless. the direction of the port in the box can have an effect on the sound. A box with a 90 bend would put out different numbers than a 180 turn. You would have to do some serious testing to prove either way. I dont have any numbers to give you, but there is research out there. Some of these SPL guys can tell you that phasing will affect bass response. How, I don't know.

Archived