Sonic Electronix

:( I think many are failing to see that my subs are inverted, thus I can't really fry my subs or roast them, because I will smell it right away. Also feel that not everyone is reading everything, i said they smelled after a while at full tilt, Took them out then put back in, played over full tilt without smelling anything, thus why I am so stuck on that the pressure inside the box from heating and cooling did it.

Here's what you need to do.. have pen and paper ready. Note the temp, volume, and song you're playing when it happens.

Do it over and over. I'm willing to bet you find it's only specific songs that do it, but I can't b sure because there's just not enough info. Where you located? (No locations on mobile)

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I have a playlist on my ipod of songs that hit the best on my set up, I played the same songs before and after I took out the subs and put thee back in, each song before I did it smelled, each song after I did it didn't smell. Als what do you mean the 2 HU? I never mentioned another HU.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Then another issue I'm wondering is if you are rubbing since you're inverted. Make damn sure that each sub is centered exactly. That is another thing that will stink up a sub quickly.

[email protected]

I repeat you should never smell your sub after break in your cooking it to death, even if the power is clean it could still be to much for the subs

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I don't know what you mean by rubbibg, but the subs are pretty damn centered, when I had them in normal the JBL symbol looked pretty centered to me.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If it's not centered, the surround will rub or the cut out will prevent the sub from moving causing heat to build up quickly. Did you smell both subs individually?

If you have answers for this and insist you did it correctly, then listen to Korey.

[email protected]

I get what your saying I will check to make sure, also on what your saying korey, I haven't smelt anything since taking them out and puting them back on. Along the power, they can't be overpowering my subs since they are 260 watt RMS, and this amp is only a 250 watt 4 channel alpine, while my MTX was putting out 425 bridged.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I bet you fixed it. And I'd put money on it that only one of them was smelling badly. Another member came over to my house just the other day with the exact same problem.

[email protected]