Paint job in the driveway ends with a bang! :(

walmart $.96 rattle can special.

No ones hating, but you can easily tell its rattlecan. It's one of those things where people are going to keep doing it so its always going to have a following, but there is a definite difference in quality. Now, if I'm going to lay paint, I'll do it right the first time.

Now, the op said he's just selling it so quality isn't the main concern here, but no hating here.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

No ones hating, but you can easily tell its rattlecan. It's one of those things where people are going to keep doing it so its always going to have a following, but there is a definite difference in quality. Now, if I'm going to lay paint, I'll do it right the first time.

Not completely true dude. I've seen some kickass rattlecan jobs. Now granted, it was just sprayed and let dry...these guys primed, sprayed, sanded, sprayed, sanded, sprayed, wet sanded, clear coat, sand, etc...took some real time on it...but it was just to show that done right, spray paint can look good.

mivtCK.png

Just for you guys, I looked up my thread. I never updated it after I pulled the dent and sprayed a second cote though, it looked a lot better.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/71511-decided-to-paint-the-probe

Not completely true dude. I've seen some kickass rattlecan jobs. Now granted, it was just sprayed and let dry...these guys primed, sprayed, sanded, sprayed, sanded, sprayed, wet sanded, clear coat, sand, etc...took some real time on it...but it was just to show that done right, spray paint can look good.

i was referring to the picture posted.

but preparation is the most important thing

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i was referring to the picture posted.

but preparation is the most important thing

We did some prep but not much

The entire truck was sanded down but we aren't gunna be doin any wet sanding or anything

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Guest Wood

you can paint a car outside and have it turn out okay.

painted mine, first time ever painting a car, used a HVLP gun and a single coat of acrylic enamel.

1030091501.jpg

10310914013.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

Wll have a video up tomorrow and finished pics :) stay tuned!

definitely watching this. it is the most epic way to paint a truck. i guess the best part is that you can fix it yourself if it ever gets messed up

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

some finished pics

hes still gunna do something with the grill and possibly do another coat or two after he goes over the truck with some 400+grit

91706648.jpg

074133f5.jpg

10563e2a.jpg

747b75f5.jpg

gas cap cover is gunna be painted like a eyeball lol

pretty good for a driveway paint job in one night if you ask me

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Archived