Sonic Electronix

As korey said, your insulation has probably rubbed off somewhere and is grounding your power somewhere. This = very bad and could cause a fire. Remove the power wire and replace it, check it for any slits to where it could have been touching the metal.

its not the power wire. last thing it could be is my ground.. but i don't see how because it is grounded to the frame and i redid the frame to battery ground. any other ideas?

it almost sounds like some how its arching from my spark plugs or somthing. it is about that same sound as when you take a spark plug out and turn the car over with the plug near metal. plus the more rpms the engine goes the faster the ticking and popping gets. but i watched it in the dark and didnt see any sparks jumping. even took some water in a spray bottle to check my wires and what not. ugh.. i am out of ideas.

take your power wire out completely it might have a break in the insulation and touching metal.

As korey said, your insulation has probably rubbed off somewhere and is grounding your power somewhere. This = very bad and could cause a fire. Remove the power wire and replace it, check it for any slits to where it could have been touching the metal.

You 2 can't be serious. Come on now. Posts like these drive me nuts.

1st of all if you have a bare spot in the power wire somewhere, you will not get a ticking noise. You will however get a spark, maybe a flame, and if you are not fused, possibly a fire.

For the OP, If you have already taken the charging system out of the mix, like you say you have with the 2nd battery and the issue went away then it is with in the charging / power system with the car. Redoing the grounds and making sure that not only the stereo has a good grounding throughout the setup but also the car itself. Cars have crap for grounds and it only gets worse as the car gets older. Double check all those points as well.

Next isolate the alternator out of the system. Unhook it and run the car. This will tell you if it is an alt issue or something else. it can be in the spark system of the engine. Coils, caps, plugs and wires can all be suspect and can be a pain in the ass to hunt down. I typically like to start with plug wires and work my way back one step at a time.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i have replaced the plugs/wires/coil. funny you are the only one that sees that they could cause a problem. some of the people that read these forums don't seem to be up to snuff on things and just post jibberish.

i am 100% sure it is the ground. i ordered some more wire to run a ground from the front battery to the back battery and take the frame ground out of the loop to see how that does. if it works i will just order 2 runs of 0 guage wire and continue with the plans of ordering the 2 18 ssd's when they come out and have everything all nice and wired and ready to go.

Sounds like it's plug wire ticking. It sounds odd but improperly shielded spark plug wires can create interference that can cause a ticking noise in the tweeters.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want