Question for those in Ca or who ever

How many times the tranny go out on that?

If you can scrounge up $1000 for a beater then take greyhound sellyour car for whatever. I don't know, that's what id do. I doubt that taurus would make the trip in all honesty.

Its got the orginal trans, shifts good as long as I don't mash the gas pedal to the floor lol

do not change your registration....you're going to be a student so you can keep your current license and registration. You'll save HUNDREDS by not bringing it in as an out of state CA registration. there's about a $300 fee to bring it in PLUS registration fees. bring it with you and keep your current plate. yes this is perfectly legal

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

you CAN register it, it's just expensive. you can always send it home and sell it there, or trade it in at a dealer here...they don't care, they're going to send it to auction anyway

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

I think if I sold it here I'd get more for it rather than waiting then sellin it to dealer there. Here I def need a car to get around, there I can get by with out for a while. Plus with 122k on it and the problems these cars have with the trans, think I'd be taking a chance just driving it over 2k miles.

do not change your registration....you're going to be a student so you can keep your current license and registration. You'll save HUNDREDS by not bringing it in as an out of state CA registration. there's about a $300 fee to bring it in PLUS registration fees. bring it with you and keep your current plate. yes this is perfectly legal

Didn't think about the student thing. Yes it is legal for you to keep the Kentucky tags if you are here for school.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I do plan on stayin out there for a while after graduation. I used to live with my now ex in Sebastopol, which is bout 2 hours away from Sacramento. I really liked it out there, course that was way back in 2003. I know that things have changed out there since then, but still way better than here. Out there I wont have to worry bout snow or cold weather. Well Cold to me is less than 40 degrees. If I kept the car, and got it to pass emissions out there I could spend more than the car is worth. So I think it maybe better to sell and start fresh.

there is a limit as to how much they can make you spend...if the repairs are over a certain amount (based on the year of vehicle) then you don't hvae to smog it and you get an exemption....I know...it's stupid, but that's how they do it

Principal

do you know the amount?

•Issue Smog Check Repair Cost Waivers

Repair Cost Waivers are available to everyone who has a vehicle that fails a biennial inspection and whose emission system has not been tampered with. It allows a vehicle to be registered without passing its Smog Check inspection by providing a temporary (two year) extension of time to complete all emissions-related repairs. To qualify, at least $450 in emissions-related repairs must be made to the vehicle at a licensed Smog Check station. The waiver may only be used once by a motorist during their ownership of the vehicle.

Note: Prior to applying for a Repair Cost Waiver, consumers should apply for the Smog Check Consumer Assistance Program (CAP). Click here to learn more about CAP, which provides up to $500 in Smog Check repair assistance to eligible motorists.

You don't get a waiver for your car, you still need it to pass the inspection. CA will give you 2 years to complete repairs and help pay some of the repair costs. You car should pass, you don't want to take the public transit system in CA! It sucks......trust me, you will waste at least 2-3 hours of your day taking the bus if you don't have your whip!

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg