How to make car run at 16v daily?

I am planning on buying a nice alternator soon and while im at it i wanna run everything at 16 volts, could someone explain to me in detail how exactly do you run your charging system at 16 volts safely? if it helps i have a rockford t4000.1bd as my daily amp.

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

rule of thumb.

if you have to ask how, its prolly not a good idea for you to run 16v , you can fuck up stuff quick. :peepwall:

As much as i hate to say, i agree with this. It is half way simple, but there's a ton to know.

Is your amp stable at 16v? Are you willing to buy several 14v batts? Are you willing to spend a decent chunk of change for a quality step down?

And above all, do you really expect it to be reliable for daily? If you have done any research at all you would know that 16, and 18v charging systems are almost unpredictable.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

im not going to fuck anything up, i just wanna know what is all involved with it?

The short and sweet, Alt, Batts, Step down, lots of wiring and patience.

And nobody ever PLANS to screw stuff up. It just happens. Don't ever say you are going to do something right, just be happy when you realize that you actually did.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

i was planning on running 16v too. but by the time you pay money for extra stepdowns, 14v batts and what not. it would be cheaper to just get a bigger amp and run at 12v.

you have to upgrade almost all wiring in the entire car, and will make your stock electronics not last as long.

also, what car is this going in?

with high voltage like that, it can mess with fuel injection and fry computers if its in a modern car

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

16 volt is also too much for that t4000.1bd iirc.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Just curious, why do you want to run 16 volts daily? Unless you're at the peak of what a 12-volt system will get you, there's really no point in moving to 16 volts, especially if you have no idea how to do it. It'll be several large 14-volt batteries, one or more high-output alternators, a big-ass step-down transformer, re-wiring the car, and a billion headaches before you can even turn the key on the car again. Very, very, very few people go through the hassle of upgrading, and I don't know one person who did it to their daily ride. Every one I've seen was a competition vehicle. (That's not an invitation to lurk across the entire forum for one person who upgraded their daily driver to 16+ volts. That was just a matter-of-fact statement.)

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Guest Wood

why not just run a separate 16v system just for the stereo.

like have your stalk alt running the car and charging the start batt, then have a 16v alt wired to 14v batts, only connected to the sub amps.

Archived