Sonic Electronix

If I was to use a reducer - http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=SSGR0

and amp only fits 4ga. would it hurt the amp any running 1/0ga to it with a reducer?

Hey Hey... put the Gun down and then we can talk.... lmao... :drinks:

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

If I was to use a reducer - http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=SSGR0

and amp only fits 4ga. would it hurt the amp any running 1/0ga to it with a reducer?

Hey Hey... put the Gun down and then we can talk.... lmao... :drinks:

Now why would I shoot the people who have turned a person who knew NOTHING about car audio, to a person confident in building their own system in a matter of months?

I love this place :popcorn:

2007 Honda Civic LX In progress until I return from Iraq

HU - PIONEER AVH-P3200DVD(waiting)

Mid/Highs - 4 Alpine SPR-60C 6-½" Type-R (bought)

Amps - (1) PDX-F6 (1) PDX M12 (PDX f6 bought)

Subs - 2 12" ALPINE SWR-1223D Type-R (bought)

Wiring - Knukonceptz all through (slowly ordering it all)

Box - Yet to be built.

Hey bro, here ya go: http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Distribution-Block/DB-LINK-4-POSITION-AGU-FUSED-DISTRIBUTION-BLOCK-0-4-AWG/SFAGUFB-48.aspx

This is something you should use. The reducers are pointless as you will have to run two runs of 1/0 from front to back to make it work. Id get the distro block like i linked here as it will take the positive 1/0 wire you have and split it up into 4 4-gauge wires or 4 8-gauge wires. Plus it is fused so you can put a fuse between each block for extra protection.

I have one just like this at home and i know it takes 1/0 and 4ga for inputs but im not sure if its 4 8-gauge or 4 4-gauge outputs. It is fused and made by rockford fosgate and it is gold plated, but i used it and it worked great.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

But since I have to run 0 wire to the distro block and then run 4 to both amps, wouldnt it just save me time to run 4g straight from the batt? seems like im making more work for myself.

Box - Yet to be built.

But since I have to run 0 wire to the distro block and then run 4 to both amps, wouldnt it just save me time to run 4g straight from the batt? seems like im making more work for myself.

Dude its not rocket science to run 0g and then a distro to get 2 4ga out of it. Honestly if you can afford the 0g id say get it now for future expansion. Hell i changed my system so many times in one year that i went with 8ga, to 4ga, to 1/0 gauge in 6 months. Id say get 1/0, then get the distro block and then get two short runs of 4ga wire. I think you will waste more money to get two runs of 4ga from your batt to your amps than to just run 1/0 with a distro block and then two short runs of 4ga. Plus if you do run two 4ga wires, think of what you may do in the near future with upgrading your subs and amps. I think its better to buy things right the first time around than to keep blowing money on making it right.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ya just use a Gauge Reducer

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

Ya just use a Gauge Reducer

If he uses a gauge reducer then he has to make TWO runs of 1/0. Thats a total waste of money and is going to be a bitch to install. If he is using two amps a reducer wont do jack shit as it will only reduce ONE wire. So whats he gonna do with the other amp??

Dude its not rocket science to run 0g and then a distro to get 2 4ga out of it. Honestly if you can afford the 0g id say get it now for future expansion. Hell i changed my system so many times in one year that i went with 8ga, to 4ga, to 1/0 gauge in 6 months. Id say get 1/0, then get the distro block and then get two short runs of 4ga wire. I think you will waste more money to get two runs of 4ga from your batt to your amps than to just run 1/0 with a distro block and then two short runs of 4ga. Plus if you do run two 4ga wires, think of what you may do in the near future with upgrading your subs and amps. I think its better to buy things right the first time around than to keep blowing money on making it right.

jeeeese sorrry :peepwall: distro block it is...

Box - Yet to be built.

do what you want but im saying that a reducer will not work for your needs. And getting two 4ga runs will work but if i were you and i had the same problem id prefer to get just 1/0 and then split it after that.