MECA Debuting New Event "Ground Pounders Challenge" May 21st in Fayetteville, TN

techforce

Yeah, there are always going to be discrepancies. Like Burbans and Tahoes against trunk cars, cut-throughs against walls in vans. The way it goes I guess. Main thing is not to get too competitive and have fun. Most important to enjoy the sound, that is what started it all. ;)

Chasing numbers is just icing on the cake.

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL

I hope this format comes to Meca Cali as well

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

being meca, are you going to be allowed in the vehicle in this format over 145 db?

if not, fuck that, thats just 1 more thing i wont be able to do competition wise.....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

with the averaging thing on the first and last seconds, you said you have to play music for 1 minute

so by burping do you eman for that minute you woudl jsut clip the hell out of the subs on full blast for a split second, then turn it down then at last second turn it back up

i would think its playing a full minute at a set volume and not being able to change anything during that minute, so i dont know how you would get quick burps in there

im still noob though, so just curious, lol

Good evening everyone. My name is Chris Gregory. This whole thing is my idea. First of all, it does have it flaws. This is just supposed to be something extra we are going to do after the double point MECA event that my team is hosting. Every season, I try to come up with something fun and different to do just to keep people interested in what we do. A couple of years ago the Top 3 Drive-by competitors faced off in a battle that I chose a random song in. We also had the Redneck Ride-by where we had competitors doing Drive-by SPL with Country music. We had the 80's Pounding which was not very successful at all. Last season we did Park & Pound Extreme which has basically migrated into the MECA format for the 2011 season. If the Ground Pounder Challenge is successful, then I am considering putting some time into the format and change a few things like running on a 1 minute average and expanding to classes to 1 woofer, 2 woofers, 3-4 woofers, and 5+ woofers to try to make it a little fair. I just want something that does not have a lot of crazy rules and can be fair and fun. Here is a basic overview of the rules with one change that Richard W and I discussed tonight.

Vehicle Requirements:

1. The vehicle must be street legal and driven to and from the event on it on power and must have legal tags and registration.

2. The owner of the vehicle must be the competitor running the vehicle.

System Requirements:

1. All SPL generating equipment must be behind the b-pillar.

2. The head unit that controls the system must be mounted in the dash. The source material can be played thru an ipod, mp3 player, etc, but all volume controls must come from said head unit.

3. Fusing is not required but encouraged just for safety purposes.

4. The vehicle must pass a basic safety inspection.

5. The vehicle must have functional mids and highs and they must play during the pass.

Judging Requirements:

1. The vehicle will be placed in the appropriate class determined by how many subwoofers are present in the vehicle.

2. The source material must be some form of musical tracks with no obscene language.

3. The vehicle must play for 1 full minute. The score will be an average set over the full minute.

4. The Term Lab sensor will be place in the driver seat exactly where the driver sits.

5. Windows, sunroofs, etc are the only things allowed to be opened. Doors, hoods, trunks, and hatches must remain shut.

As far as sitting inside the vehicle over 145 dB, MECA does that for insurance purposes and I believe in. There are too many people out there looking to make a quick buck by sueing people. Each competitor will sign a safety waiver before competing. Once again, this format has nothing to do with MECA. This is something I am creating as an add on to some events I am hosting so please do not call and contact the MECA office to ask questions about it. Please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I hope we have a successful turnout and a lot of fun.

Chris Gregory

Wall Street's Finest

MECA TN Event Director

Ground Pounders Unite Co Founder

Proud Dad of a MECA Kid

Ground Pounders Unite YouTube Channel

MECA's Offical YouTube Channel

Wall Street's Finest YouTube Channel

Some of us little guys cant average a 140 on music...anyway of reducing that?

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Some of us little guys cant average a 140 on music...anyway of reducing that?

Yes that rule can probably be removed since we are moving over to a 1 minute average.

Chris Gregory

Wall Street's Finest

MECA TN Event Director

Proud Dad of a MECA Kid

I do pretty well in AS1 around here, but my avg on music would likely only be about 137 or so

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

I just want to thank everyone that participated in this event. We had 10 competitors total with 2 fall outs due to technical difficulties before we started.

Chris Gregory

Wall Street's Finest

MECA TN Event Director

Proud Dad of a MECA Kid

Ground Pounder SQ

Stephen Butterfield 1st Place 132.7dB

Tony Foltz 2nd Place 126.6dB

Brian Rozzo 3rd Place 118.7dB