DC Sound Lab

Lets say if i wanted to power some subs with a 175.4

Im going to be doing a BUDGET build in my future 1998 Neon. I want to do everything right and buy nice equipment instead of just buying temporary stuffs. The only problem with that is that it will take a while for me to get all the equipment that i want. So lets say if i just start off with the DC 175.4 amp and use 2 channels to power my front door speakers and rear speakers at 2 ohms, would it be alright to use the rear 2 channels to power sub(s) at 2 ohms for a temporary setup? I know it would only be ~ 500 watts but it would be better than no beat!

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,

Brandon

so ur sayin u want the big subs for ur build "eventually" but just put low power on em until u can afford the sub amp right?

sounds good to me. just do a nice efficient box design until u can get some more power =].

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

That sounds good to me cody! ...and matt, yes that's what I am planning on doing. I'd like to do a build that will be useable through all stages...like if I had 2 level 2 8s but planned on doing six and built the box for six but had them all in separate chambers so that I could increase my build without having a million different setups along the way.

2 8s on 250w each would definitely be a nice start. If you upgraded and ended up with 6 8s then I believe a 3.5k would power them quite nicely. I'm tellin ya those 8s are some beefy little guys, especially the m2 versions with the better cooling. I may get a couple just to do a stress test on them this fall and find out what they can really handle.

3.5k? Damn that's nearly 600 per sub! I know tooshort is running a 2k on 4 level 2 8s. That's crazy!