Sonic Electronix

DC Level 5 18 amplifier question

I would do the lvl 5 on the 3.5k.... Its a nice starter amp... And if you upgrade amps in the future your sub can handle it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I would do the lvl 5 on the 3.5k.... Its a nice starter amp... And if you upgrade amps in the future your sub can handle it

I'll agree it's a nice starter amp and the Lv5 is a whole other beast compared to the XL, but with the electrical upgrades I've chosen to make and the 3.5K fits the bill perfectly. I'm not planning upgrading past the 3.5K until I'm out of college and have a full time job. I want to make my VW a show car. So, that's why I think the XL paired with the 3.5K is the right choice for me at this moment in time. :shrug:

Iv heard that the xl is louder on actual 3.5k than a lvl 5.. Defiantly make sure ur getin clean power.. Scope it on different frequencies like 50 45 40 35 30 cause there most common music frequncies.. If there all clean then your good to go

You know it. Thanks! :good:

***DC Rebuild Coming Soon***

Car: 2002 Buick Regal

Wiring: Knu Kolossus 1/0 + JL 4 Gauge

Big 3: Stinger HPM 1/0

Alternator: Stock 135 Amp

Batterys: Optima RedTop (Hood) XS D3100 (Trunk)

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Subs: (2) AQ HDC3 12's

Sub Amp: AQ 2200D

Sub Box: 4.6 Cubes @ 36hz

Mids & Highs: (Front) Rockford Fosgate Power T1693 3-Way 6x9's

Mids & Highs: (Rear ) Rockford Fosgate Power T152S 2-Way Component 5.25"

Speaker Amp: AQ4x90

Sound Dampener : 75 Ft Fatmat

My personal tests show the level 5 taking over at about 3,000 watts. For the DC level 5, I would say the 3.5 is a good match, and has the potential to get brutal. You don't need gobs of power to get loud. Judging by the enclosure this is a pretty daily application?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

And if you're set on the XL and 3.5, I'd dial the power down a little. The XL should do beautifully on 2,500rms. I've never understood daily applications running drivers to their near max thermal abilities. Just seems safer to have great long term results with reliability.

My personal tests show the level 5 taking over at about 3,000 watts. For the DC level 5, I would say the 3.5 is a good match, and has the potential to get brutal. You don't need gobs of power to get loud. Judging by the enclosure this is a pretty daily application?

Yeah, it's a daily application, however, if I did aero ports, I'd be able to swap them out if I wanted to try to do a little competition or something.

And if you're set on the XL and 3.5, I'd dial the power down a little. The XL should do beautifully on 2,500rms. I've never understood daily applications running drivers to their near max thermal abilities. Just seems safer to have great long term results with reliability.

I'm pretty sure after I factor in box rise and everything, the sub will not be seeing the full potential of the amplifier all of the time. I do understand where you're coming from though. I still think I'd have to go with the 15" because my trunk is pretty tight on space. That's besides the point though. Your points are taken and I'll give the Lv5s some thought again.

***DC Rebuild Coming Soon***

dc 3.5k hold thier resale values better then ive ever seen for anothe ramp

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

How can you factor in rise? You don't have it installed yet, its also dynamic and changes with frequency.

Archived