Installing Viper 5901 in 98' Expedition

Working at Best Buy does have it's benefits. I'm getting a Viper 5901 this weekend for $183...can't beat that.

Anyways, I'm going to be installing it in my 1998 Ford Expedition. I was wondering what kind of bypass unit (if I even need one) I will need to purchase, and where to purchase it from. The truck has remote lock/unlock,and I'm pretty sure it has some worthless factory alarm.

I also wanted to get the glass-sensor, motion-sensor, lean-sensor(whatever it's called), and extra speakers/horns for it. Once again, I'm gonna need to know which ones I need, and where to purchase them.

Only tool I need that I don't have, is a soldering iron.

I'm tryin to get my build up and going, but I can't do it until I get this alarm in.

Thanks for the help, fellas

Edited by That1Kid

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Working at Best Buy does have it's benefits. I'm getting a Viper 5901 this weekend for $183...can't beat that.

Anyways, I'm going to be installing it in my 1998 Ford Expedition. I was wondering what kind of bypass unit (if I even need one) I will need to purchase, and where to purchase it from. The truck has remote lock/unlock,and I'm pretty sure it has some worthless factory alarm.

I also wanted to get the glass-sensor, motion-sensor, lean-sensor(whatever it's called), and extra speakers/horns for it. Once again, I'm gonna need to know which ones I need, and where to purchase them.

I have every tool I will need, I'm pretty sure. Only thing I may need that I don't have is a soldering iron...I'm not even sure I need one.

I'm tryin to get my build up and going, but I can't do it until I get this alarm in.

Thanks for the help, fellas

why don't you get it from BestBuy?

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

• 2 weeks later...

They don't sell all the extra shit. If they did, I would definitely get it there.

im an installer at bestbuy, you can get the bypass there, most likely will use an audiovox flash-it, and you can get the proximity sensor there, and all the other sensors you can order online from www.bestbuy.com or have an oms order made so you can use your discount I believe

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

I hope you know what you are getting yourslef into.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 3 weeks later...

I know for a fact you can get the tilt sensor, proximity sensor, and extra peizo alarms through Best Buy. We keep them in stock in our bay. If you would like me to I can get you the sku's tomorrow when i get back to work. Like n8ball said I hope you realize what your getting into. You can mess up a lot with a remote start if installed improperly, and if the alarm is installed improperly it is worthless. As an employee you get a good discount on services and if you want to learn I'm sure you can have the installer schedule you on a day that he has time to show you how it works. I payed for my 5901 to be installed. I understand it but don't think I could do it correctly by myself.

If you can create an oms for a product you can get your discount on it and I'm about 85% sure a 98 ford doesn't need a bypass. TO make sure add the remote start widget on your etk page.

let me know how this works out for you...ill be shopping for one in the near future

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)