Second Skin Audio

Just ordered my first real sub!!

Finally put in an order for my well-needed 15" XL!!!! 6 week back order atm but I know the wait is well worth it.. I have a couple of questions so I can get to work on the box, I will attach a screenshot of my current plan and would love to get feedback on how yall feel or what you would personally do. This is going in a 4 seat sedan in the trunk and tuned anywhere from 28-31hz if the info helps. The sub will be receiving 1200-1500 watts rms so should I upgrade to 1" thick wood or is 3/4" fine? Also, how can you determine if your box design will end up with port noise? As you can see below my port will be 16.5" tall, 3" wide, and 40" in length (length might change). *Outer dimensions are almost as big as I can go*

0V2vv.jpg

who told you 6 weeks back order? ive got a XL 18" paid for and im hearing about 2 weeks til the parts are in

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Finally put in an order for my well-needed 15" XL!!!! 6 week back order atm but I know the wait is well worth it.. I have a couple of questions so I can get to work on the box, I will attach a screenshot of my current plan and would love to get feedback on how yall feel or what you would personally do. This is going in a 4 seat sedan in the trunk and tuned anywhere from 28-31hz if the info helps. The sub will be receiving 1200-1500 watts rms so should I upgrade to 1" thick wood or is 3/4" fine? Also, how can you determine if your box design will end up with port noise? As you can see below my port will be 16.5" tall, 3" wide, and 40" in length (length might change). *Outer dimensions are almost as big as I can go*

0V2vv.jpg

who told you 6 weeks back order? ive got a XL 18" paid for and im hearing about 2 weeks til the parts are in

I called the number on the DC Audio website and was talking to Rob, he said 6 week back order because they are waiting on parts. More people probably buy 15"s than the 18"s I'm guessing.

Damn the box calculator for getting in the way!

1999 GMC Jimmy

24" alloy tech rims

alpine iva-d310

8 dc audio lvl 2 12's

2 kicker 1500.1's soon to be DC : )

2 kicker 450.2's soon to be DC also!

4 optima yellow tops

1 DC power alt 270 amp

All stinger HPM wiring

It will beg for more powa

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

So having a tuning around 28hz won't damage anything if I play music daily on full volume? I don't want to damage anything on purpose!! And quit askin about my background and answer my damn questions LOL! If you must know.. I got it at http://boards.4chan.org/wg/ That site is full of 18+ shit so don't view around your kids or at work, and also some illegal shit so if you're a moral person don't even try it. I believe my current stock alt is 60 amps, at what RMS wattage level should I invest in a HO alt or can I run 1-2 extra batteries off stock alt?

Edited by KeepItLow91