I was thinking of using HOK but can't find any real pictures all I can find is there paint chip thing and it looks like crap. any body got real pics?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Are you actually referring to Satin Black and not Flat Black?

A color is a color, but both refer to the finish. The easiest way I can think of to explain the differences would be, the next time you are in Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, or whatever, take a look at the paint finishes in the paint section. There will be examples of a Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Satin, and Flat which move from one extreme to the next.

Honestly, I use PPG and HOKs for everything, and the finish is going to depend on the painter. How much prep, how much time, the quality of paint, and the quality of his sealer. Craigslist SOMETIMES has some people with skill who offer their painting services. Can always do some research on local talent and find a quote :drinks:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to say that is a flat black paint job man. The looks of the car the people spent the money and did it right. That was proly painted with base coat clear coat with a matting agent in the clear. These paint jobs are very diffucult to do being you can't sand and buff them after your done. I prefer Spies Hecker over any other product, but ppg and house of kolor are good ones as well.

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

The one I posted was a Satin black vinyl.

I have since decided to try a hand at using Plasti dip as a paint job. It comes out more matte black. Less shine than satin. And its extremely durable so I will see how it goes :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

why not get it wrapped, would be the same and if you get tire of it would say you the expense of getting it redone again

Getting it wrapped is like 1600 minimum, getting it painted in plasti dip might cost me 90$. Both are removable

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

Does anyone have the color code for Satin Black?

I tried googling it and all I got was other forums talking about their cars and all that.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Archived