grounding

i only do postive runs from back to front, and ground the back batts somewhere in the back. and i wouldnt use the same grounding points.

i run my ground on my amps to the negatives on my back batteries. and ground the batteries each somewhere metal/steal, different spots. chasis is best, havent drilled holes though imma weenee for that

i only do postive runs from back to front, and ground the back batts somewhere in the back. and i wouldnt use the same grounding points.

i run my ground on my amps to the negatives on my back batteries. and ground the batteries each somewhere metal/steal, different spots. chasis is best, havent drilled holes though imma weenee for that

so its ok to ground the amps to the same battery? and instead of the chassis? i have always grounded to the chassis

and and just ground the batts to the chassis but not to a shared ground

you win some, you lose some

i have two batts in the back, so i give them each their own. but it shouldn't be a problem, give the batts muiltiple grounds aswell. it helped me, i idle at 14.8. with no module or whatever they call those helpers...

and i got one shitty run going to the back, once i fix that, and fix my ground of the front batt, with one more run to the alt. i hope to see 15 at idle..

edit, we got same alt. what u idle at, and how is it holding with ur 5k bro ?

and still if u can run a negative to front to back, it shouldnt hurt but help. but i dont got the funds to do that, hell i need to upgrade my shitty positive run.

i have two batts in the back, so i give them each their own. but it shouldn't be a problem, give the batts muiltiple grounds aswell. it helped me, i idle at 14.8. with no module or whatever they call those helpers...

and i got one shitty run going to the back, once i fix that, and fix my ground of the front batt, with one more run to the alt. i hope to see 15 at idle..

edit, we got same alt. what u idle at, and how is it holding with ur 5k bro ?

and still if u can run a negative to front to back, it shouldnt hurt but help. but i dont got the funds to do that, hell i need to upgrade my shitty positive run.

i just got back from my deployment and started my build this week. still waiting on my alt to come in apparently there was some issue with shipping it almost 2 months ago and it never got shipped. as for the 5k its holding up real nicely in my tatami room

If you run a wire from your front battery that would defeat the purpose of grounding it in the back. If you ground in the back then you don't need to

thanks i am going to do 2 runs of each + and - because i already have the wire for it. my concern was that i wouldn't have space going through my fire wall if i had to drill for 4 runs but turns out i already have the perfect size hole for 4 1/0g wires. so if i can ground the amps to the batterys - post instead of the chassis?

18fbb7fb.jpg

you win some, you lose some

I just asked that question, I got " if you got 0 gauge from the pos, you need 0 gauge from the neg...", I still need to run the neg., I took my 4 gauge power that was there and used it, didn't have any problems with my T1000, now that I got a SAZ3500, I think some 0 gauge neg is in order....

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

OP. When i ordered my battery for my truck i hooked up my amp(s) to the battery itself. I find it easier than having to move all your crap out of the way to get the amp loose if the wire has problems. Then for now i have a ground wire going from my negative of the battery to the big 3 inch long bolt that GM uses as the tie down straps for my truck which are pretty solid and it works great. This is only temporary though as that 50" of 1/0 i ordered from you will be used as a direct ground wire from the negative terminal of my front battery to the negative terminal of my rear batteries. This type of setup will allow for better current flow because its like a direct link to the power. Plus think of it, if you had to go through a rusty frame and the 5 billion grounding connections your vehicle has from the factory thats a lot of ways you can get grounded out where just having a straight shot to the front battery will be easier and faster. If you can i recommend getting a wire between the negatives of your front and rear battery.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

and i forgot to mention it but if you do have a dedicated ground wire going from your front to rear battery you still can ground to your frame in the back. It wont hurt anything but it would be kind of pointless to do that as the better ground would be the direct wire going from front to back but if you want to keep them both you can and it wont harm anything.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived