Second Skin Audio

Oops. Sub cutout to small

So i built a box for my buddy and I well...the sub cutouts are like a 1/4" to small. Whats the best way to fix this. I was thinking I could cut out a new baffle and use a laminate trim bit with the guide on top but is there an easier way? Maybe a way that I wont have to waste more wood. I am sure I could just sand it but then I would be left it a crappy looking cutout. Ideas?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i would just sand usuing a DA sander but if you dont wanna do that just slap a extra baffle on it if theres room

it will change the tuning and net ever so slightly but you woulnt be able to notice the diffrence

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Personally, if resources are limited I would just sand it down a tad until it fits. Play with the hole enough and eventually it'll widen up ;)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Take a board like a 2x3 and put it in the box across the cutout - centered up and screw it to the baffle. Screw the center piece you just cut out onto that board so it's flush with the outer part of the baffle and centered perfectly. Use the center point again and cut it out slightly bigger with your circle jig. If done properly it should work fine. You'll just be left with a couple of screw holes in the baffle that will need to be filled in.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Personally, if resources are limited I would just sand it down a tad until it fits. Play with the hole enough and eventually it'll widen up ;)

hahahahahahahah :rofl:

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

What's so funny? Lol 8)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

ewww

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

What's so funny? Lol 8)

haha that made my day dude

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3