Have you thought of Cutting Cable TV Service?

I have really been thinking hard about just cutting my cable tv service and just keeping internet service. With Windows Media center and all the new online content that is available now days I am thinking about doing it.

In my Local area I pick up about 15 channels in HD anyway with my rooftop antenna, I could save about 100.00 a month by doing it too.

Anyone else think about cutting Cable TV service?

i haven't had cable in over 3 yrs now :trippy:

to be honest with the internet these days it hasn't made it too hard to live with out. i sometimes miss just flipping through the channels and finding something random to watch but i get over it.

now i haven't done this by choice i live off base in japan and american cable is ridiculous price. i did have AFN for a while the free tv service through the military but that was only 6 channels and pretty much useless. you do get all the UFC PPV fights for free though if you aren't working.

and as for sporting events i either purchase something like NBA Pass or go to a bar but since most games and stuff are early mornings for us here i usually don't have the opportunity to watch them. except when i am on off shifts.

Edited by bre2ts

you win some, you lose some

yup, dont have it, dont need it. It was nice to have sometimes at school, but when im home for summer and my whole life before, it was fine having just the local channels. Hell, as long as i get to watch the packer games im good. :drinks:

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Well I just did it.. Called the cable company up and canceled my TV service completely. They tried selling me a package for 30.00 cheaper but I declined and told them I only watch three channels and those are in the upper tier programming so just cut the whole thing.

Going to take the box back now :)

Well I just did it.. Called the cable company up and canceled my TV service completely. They tried selling me a package for 30.00 cheaper but I declined and told them I only watch three channels and those are in the upper tier programming so just cut the whole thing.

good shit :drink40:

you win some, you lose some

You find out in a hurry how much these companies stick it to you when you want to cancel. What? You want to cancel you service? Well let me do something for you... Went through that when we cancelled our satt. Even if your not looking to cancel, call and say you are and you can get some big time savings. We'll give you your current package for 60% off for _____monts and wave all DVR and HD fees. When they went through that whole speach, made me want to cancel it even more.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

I work for Comcast ... Get most everything for free ... no need to disconect ... :drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I work for Comcast ... Get most everything for free ... no need to disconect ... :drink40:

Perks are nice :)

Unfortunately I find it very difficult to pay $100.00 a month for TV service when I only watch 3 channels mostly. I guess if they ever come out with paying for channels you watch I might get it again. You would think that with today's technology they could offer something like that.

Cablguy is there any interesting changes coming down the pipe for comcast?

yup, dont have it, dont need it. It was nice to have sometimes at school, but when im home for summer and my whole life before, it was fine having just the local channels. Hell, as long as i get to watch the packer Dolphins games im good. :drinks:

fixed :good:

X2 That's one of the only reasons I keep DirectTV. I get stuck with Titans games instead of being able to see the Fins and there's no bars within about 20 miles for me to go watch the game and I'm not driving that far back home after a few (too many) beers. I need my Sunday Ticket.

You would think that with today's technology they could offer something like that.

Never ... it doesn't work that way ... how would the programmers make any money ?? the only thing that might happen would be a full on-demand feature ... but not pick and choose local/tier programming ...

Cablguy is there any interesting changes coming down the pipe for comcast?

Faster internet ... better phone service ... more on-demand / pay-per-view - HD/3D interaction ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch