Jump to content

I Think My Sub Is Messed Up


Recommended Posts

Posted

ugh you buy crap and wonder why it doesnt hold up?

then instead of trying to better the problem you buy more crap.

Posted

ugh you buy crap and wonder why it doesnt hold up?

then instead of trying to better the problem you buy more crap.

You are acting like Visonik is the crapiest out there dude I'm 16 with no job and most 16 year olds don't know what a system is down here. I have an amp 4 ten's the whole works, which most people don't have. Imma get another sub to fix the one that messed up and wait until a get my Audiobahn amp so I can give them some power so they aren't under powered.

Ya Digg

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Posted

being 16 isnt an excuse. Visonik pretty much is one of the CRAPPIEST out there, id rather run stock then run thier trash for subs.

Its not really even the point that your running them its the point that you run them and then expect them to last and then question what people tell you is wrong with them. then wanna know why they failed.

THEY FAILED BECAUSE THEY ARE PIECES OF SHIT and you dont obviously know what your doing.

having someone tell you set the gain at 3/4 without being able to hear it at all is stupid as well. but eh who cares your 16 so anything goes.

and saying other people there dont know what a system is just another dumb ass statment to justify your stupid buy.

Posted

being 16 isnt an excuse. Visonik pretty much is one of the CRAPPIEST out there, id rather run stock then run thier trash for subs.

Its not really even the point that your running them its the point that you run them and then expect them to last and then question what people tell you is wrong with them. then wanna know why they failed.

THEY FAILED BECAUSE THEY ARE PIECES OF SHIT and you dont obviously know what your doing.

having someone tell you set the gain at 3/4 without being able to hear it at all is stupid as well. but eh who cares your 16 so anything goes.

and saying other people there dont know what a system is just another dumb ass statment to justify your stupid buy.

Ok I can understand but im not going to let this botehr me cause I don't feel liek getting kicked off. Which would you rather buy 4 visonik ten's or two sony explode ten's? Yeah I know I was stupid to turn the gain up to 3/4 I should have waited until I got some real power. I don't see how you say its a stupid but when I payed 10 bucks sub, its better then nothing if you ask me. Visonik isn't crap Ill get a video and show you how my old two ten's banged.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Posted

well, if the cone is frozen, from experience, the voice coil got hot, and well, shifted the motor, basically the glue on the top plate to the magnet came un done, and the whole magnet assembly shifted just enuff to clamp down on that voice coil, Ive seen it hundreds of times, and is common on china made speakers, because only until rescently, they didnt know what was a proper glue to use that wont fail like that...

Besides the fact there is no recone kits for those subs, just to fix the speaker you would have to DE-magnetize the speaker, clean the glue off, reglue it, and center it useing shims and a top plate centering fixture

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

well, if the cone is frozen, from experience, the voice coil got hot, and well, shifted the motor, basically the glue on the top plate to the magnet came un done, and the whole magnet assembly shifted just enuff to clamp down on that voice coil, Ive seen it hundreds of times, and is common on china made speakers, because only until rescently, they didnt know what was a proper glue to use that wont fail like that...

Besides the fact there is no recone kits for those subs, just to fix the speaker you would have to DE-magnetize the speaker, clean the glue off, reglue it, and center it useing shims and a top plate centering fixture

Yeah and i didn't buy from a dealer so imma get some new one i tell you on aim.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Posted

What I dont understand is what you mentioned above. THE SUBS ARE 10 DOLLARS!!!!! Are you kidding me, why are we still talking about this? Go buy another sub. and he is right, being 16 is not an excuse, if you were to put under "reason for returning" that you are 16 its not like they are going to look at you and say "sir, we are sorry. We didnt know. Honest" ALSO why audiobahn? Check this deal out, you wont find it anywhere else and its not going to last long. I picked one up last night.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2204_-...ate+P5002.html#

P.S. You dont need a job to get 10 bucks... I could go to school and ask people for a dollar for 10 days and have enough... Or how about you find someone in your community that needs help like cleaning up leaves or something, im sure in one yard you will get paid 10 bucks... at least. You spend alot of time on here when you could be out making money, catch my drift.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Posted

What I dont understand is what you mentioned above. THE SUBS ARE 10 DOLLARS!!!!! Are you kidding me, why are we still talking about this? Go buy another sub. and he is right, being 16 is not an excuse, if you were to put under "reason for returning" that you are 16 its not like they are going to look at you and say "sir, we are sorry. We didnt know. Honest" ALSO why audiobahn? Check this deal out, you wont find it anywhere else and its not going to last long. I picked one up last night.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2204_-...ate+P5002.html#

P.S. You dont need a job to get 10 bucks... I could go to school and ask people for a dollar for 10 days and have enough... Or how about you find someone in your community that needs help like cleaning up leaves or something, im sure in one yard you will get paid 10 bucks... at least. You spend alot of time on here when you could be out making money, catch my drift.

I would buy that amp but I am getting the audiobahn for a good price from amatt85.

I am goign to get a new sub chill out. Yeah i do need to make some money.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Posted

stop buying JUNK, save your damn money and buy something that will perform like you want.

Stop being a dumbass and listen to people who KNOW what they are doing, if you cant do this, then stop posting about ruining junk equipment, ever hear " you get what you pay for" this is exactly that you paid for junk and you are seeing the end results of it

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7516 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...