Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

People that ask you to suggest equipment for a loud setup but at the same time they don't want to spend any kind of big money

This right here for sure. This comes up a lot because I have friends who sit in my car and are like, "I wanna be loud!" Then when I tell them it might cost them a grand for everything, equipment, enclosure, install accessories, and labor at a shop, they are like, "I don't have that kind of money man, I was wanting to keep it cheap."

This is a hobby where you have to be willing to spend, IMO. If you aren't willing to shell out the cash you will never be happy, because you definitely get what you pay for with car audio.

5 runs of speaker wire through the door grommet. Talk about a tight fucking fit.

5 runs of speaker wire to each front door with NO grommets that you can use.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Idk if it's already been said but ppl who get 2 crappy subs in a prefab box and leave everything else stock but go around talking about their amazing system and blaring it way way beyond distortion and acting like it doesn't sound like crap

And people who are always like "I want you to install me a system dawg" and then they're like but then they're like "I don't have any money" <_<

Random pauses in songs right when I get to a group of people that want to hear the system as im driving. Then the bassline will start again right when i past them

I hate this.

Co-workers or family saying its a complete waste of money.

This one guy told me kicker was the best so I agreed so I didn't hafta argue.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

people that tell you what you SHOULD be doing with your system. things like 'dude you need to throw some alpines in your doors and your highs will scream' or 'damn dude you should throw some w7s in there and that shit will really wang'

also i hate the words boom and wang when referring to bass playing. and also people calling all door speakers highs No.gif

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Random pauses in songs right when I get to a group of people that want to hear the system as im driving. Then the bassline will start again right when i past them

I hate this.

Co-workers or family saying its a complete waste of money.

This one guy told me kicker was the best so I agreed so I didn't hafta argue.

X2 on all this lol.

Or when I go to a local shop needing some or a special item Like I went to get 20ft of 0ga wire and some 250amp fuses at a local shop when I was wiring up my bxi2608d. The rep was like what the hell do you need all that for, told him what I was wiring and he's like pfft, those hifonics are junk( I know they're over rated) it probably only does 500 watts, you need to buy this JL 1000/1 (or w/e it was) it'll do double the power of that hifonics junk.

They're always bashing stuff they don't know about. Then dumbass locals with L5s or W3s saying their shit wangs lol.

when people say >>>>is all that really necessary! i say, BITCH yes it is!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

When I get asked about what equipment I recommend, and they tell me they have $1000 budget, I recommend about $500 in amps/mids/highs/subs/hu and spend the rest on power/box/deadener.

After all that they come back after they spent almost their whole budget on equipment, and nearly nothing on install (walmart amp wiring kit and prefab box) then wonder why my factory stereo still sounds better.

:wtf:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived