Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

When someone wants a box for their subs, want it to sound good, want it to get loud, and want it to get low... But aren't willing to sacrifice the space to make any of that happen. I'm sorry... It's acoustics.. Don't like it? Go change physics.

Doubts about being able to prove coil rub as a defect. I know I didn't do anything stupid to the sub but still, with a warranty some companies impossible to make a claim with.

OMFG, tell me about it. Hope yours wasn't a $1200 sub like mine.

nah, I'm not up there yet. Still its the bs you have to deal with. Just don't have the time.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Not being able to find someone local I can buy some TL time off of, or at least buy them lunch. I want to know where I'm at before I make changes...

You'd think in DFW I'd find someone with a TL geez.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

people that have stuff for sale with "minor imperfections" that want 85% of reatail for it.

Example... up for sale is my sub that costs 200$ new with free shipping. this one is lightly used with a scuff on the surround because i slipped with the screwdriver but is 100% functional 160$ plus shipping.

Or better yet same sub... it was used gently but the tinsle broke on the neg of the one voice coil but i soldered it and its fine now. and the cone and surround had a hole in it so i fixed it with rtv and it works perfect now. 140$ plus shipping.

whenever i look for used car audio or anything used for that matter i'm usually looking for about half price, unless its unused and immaculate. I also use the same formula for selling stuff. granted there are ecxeptions for this rule, but I try to stick to it.

I feel sorry for those who dont drink, for when they wake up in the morning that's the best they are going to feel all day.- Frank Sinatra

always wanting candy bar cheap pricing for everything, ya gots ta pay to play

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

Also people saying they blew their glass out with equipment that obviously isn't capable of it. I hear that quite often

Heard that today from some kid with two type s alpines,

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Archived