Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

MOTHER FUCKING THIS.

everyone that i know out of town has a system in their single cab truck in a sealed box.

100% of them consist of these set ups.

Q power

kicker comps. (CVR)

boss amps, or other terrible amps with about 25 amps of fusing on them rated at 2500 "watttts maxxxxxxxx"

its a single cab, so ofc it gets loud.

it really pisses me off because i have a trunk car with 2 skar 12"s off of a brz1200 wired at 1 ohm.

basing off of my opinion i have better electrical than all of them. my opinion is that my car is fully loaded, and they have the basic truck, no alarm power windows locks hubcaps single cab.. etc..

they also run "4 gauge" wire, which imo looks more like 6 gauge.

so to recap.

mad cause people can throw q power and kicker comps into their trucks in a sealed box, buy an amp that says 2500 watts, and be louder to the ear than me and my trunk car.

and they wont take any advice from me because i'm not loud, and god damn it makes me want to destroy shit.

i literally wanted to murder a baby raccoon when this guy told me in front of like 10 people that kicker is the best in the WORLD, best EVERYTHING.

and of course everyone has worked at an "car audio place" so they know everything right?

"kicker comps the best, i worked at mobile one, so i know" and everyone just nods.. im like da fuck.

other things of the same day include.. "i turned my HU all the way up, just cranked the bitch, adjusted all my gains on my amp to max, bass boost, lpf, gain, sub sonic, phase, everything all the way up, and it was pounding so hard, i couldnt breathe! it was shaking everything and my airbag light came on so i had to turn it down"

best part is.. no one knows what CACO is, or SMD, or TL, or a DB.

grrr :(

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Kids who think a "4000 watt" class a/b can blow the re xxx they blatantly lied about having.

Kids who think "upgrading" all of the fuses in their fuse box will help anything lol.

Kids who think that there system is loud because they pop amp fuses daily.

Anyone who judges a system on how loud it is outside of the system. (Except competitions, its ok then)

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Dang Sheena, let it all out

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Guy I bought my subs off of said he hit 179db with 5 of them and had a custom amp rack with a temperature monitor on his two 4000 watt amps and whenever they got hot nitrous oxide automatically opened up and sprayed on his amps to cool them off at competitions. Lol

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

yeah i know. i cried a little there.

but it really does piss me off to my core.

trying to teach my 31 year old brother properly about this stuff, and his friends keep telling him to buy garbage. (and im seriously not downing kicker or any other brand, but really, there is better out there)

now his wife is in on it too, they are going to pick up an "as offbrand as it gets" alt next week. its "150" amps for $150.

also according to her there is no such thing as a 425 alt and that im retarded as fuck for even trying to talk about cars, because apparently i know nothing.

no one has a computer out there, only smart phones, and no one wanted to look it up because they just knew i was wrong.

oh, and dont even mention more than one alt on a car, holy shit. i got laughed at for about 25 minutes for saying theres vehicles with more than one alternator on it.

also "dc power is a no name" "whos mechman, sounds garbage" >.> i walked away and bottled some crown.

further also.. "steve meade, who?"

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

the local car audio shop that thinks the "Big 3 Upgrade" is a Battery, Wire, and Alternator.

-.-

When they try to charge you $160 to just install the wires when you supply them with all the equipment to do it.

<_<

no matter where I go, no matter what I do, no matter the choices I make... I will always have bass.

Ba$$H34Ds unite.

Audio Modifications

Big 3 Upgrade

yeah i know. i cried a little there.

but it really does piss me off to my core.

trying to teach my 31 year old brother properly about this stuff, and his friends keep telling him to buy garbage. (and im seriously not downing kicker or any other brand, but really, there is better out there)

now his wife is in on it too, they are going to pick up an "as offbrand as it gets" alt next week. its "150" amps for $150.

also according to her there is no such thing as a 425 alt and that im retarded as fuck for even trying to talk about cars, because apparently i know nothing.

no one has a computer out there, only smart phones, and no one wanted to look it up because they just knew i was wrong.

oh, and dont even mention more than one alt on a car, holy shit. i got laughed at for about 25 minutes for saying theres vehicles with more than one alternator on it.

also "dc power is a no name" "whos mechman, sounds garbage" >.> i walked away and bottled some crown.

further also.. "steve meade, who?"

Fuck 'em, just tell them that when they get done acting like re-re's after all their shit blows and yours is still louder to come back to you with an open mouth with which to suckle your testicles as you begin to train them in the right way of doing things.

that would be so amazing lbox.. BUT.

single cab vs trunk car. and yeah, my seats are down, and my rear seat is even taken out. im also firing forward like terry (subs all the way back, facing forward) but no aero port to the cabin.

and i wish all their shit would explode, but their voltage drop is into the 12s and 11s. they dont even know what coil is.. or what coil smells like. it distorts like crazy, but "thats what bass sounds like".

but you know how people are.. if a room full of them agree with one, then what they say is Gods word. even if i was right, it doesnt matter.

EDIT: my brother even ripped a surround on a kicker comp, not the 400w rms ones, but the 300W ones.. half way around, 50% of the cone was not connected to the surround.

and he was still louder to the ear. single cabs are just wow.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Archived