Sonic Electronix

People say 1500RMS is fine on stock electrical

Im using 2 10ga leads to 1 8ga meaning im running parallel and I have Positive/Positive to one 8GA so its 2 10ga to 1 8ga. I hooked the woofer upto the DMM and it read 1 OHM with them both together. and how can I do the ground check trick on my amp? if it has the same ground check?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Bad ground or clipping are the best explanations of clipping...unless you messed up testin your voltage. How did you test it exactly? You could be using a voltmeter that's not calibrated or on the fritz. Put your system at where it is normally with the car running and test the battery with a dmm. After checking it, check the inputs to your amp from the battery.

As ami said, check your grounds. And I wouldnt turn your hu up that high. Just because someones exact hu didnt clip even at max volume doesn't mean yours won't either.

That high? its less than 3/4 up man goes to 63 and im at 48 now like I said helped a little not much i dont think my pioneer clips that low. I downloaded a 50hz 0db tone from Decafs topic and I put it on my ipod (what I usually use) I then set all my HU settings flat (0 bass, low 0 , mid 0 , high 0.) I turned HPF off and I set my volume at 48 with the car ON. I use a Sears $500 DMM the thing is NOT on the fritz its spot on with everything I use it for. I hook the dMM upto the terminals (with all the settings on the amp completely off.) and I turn it up unitl I get 39v (1500RMS @ 1 OHM) I then set all my settings back.

Normal play in the morning I usually sit around 13.5v full tilt. But today ill check EVERYTHING even ground see if anyting helps.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Also what size is the speaker wire going to this sub? And you CAN check grounds with a DMM.

DMM set to DC voltage

Step 1 - Place meter pos lead on pos stud of battery, neg lead on neg stud of battery, record reading

Step 2 - Leave pos lead on pos stud of battery or amp 12v+ and move neg lead to your grounding locations, this reading should be same as reading in step one

Step 3 - If step 2 is more then .5 volt difference then step 1, bad connection point, so make it better

Easier and more accurate to put positive lead to amp positive input then move negative lead from ground cable to ground point and compare reading difference. Even 0.5v is a bit much... Then you can repeat by keeping negative lead at ground point and testing at battery post vs at amp positive input to test for voltage drop down the positive cable.

My bad on saying you "cant" test this before, I meant that either you did you ground correctly (bared metal at a frame attachment point and bolted securely) or wrong (3 screws through a ring terminal to a body panel anyone? haha).

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Also what size is the speaker wire going to this sub? And you CAN check grounds with a DMM.

DMM set to DC voltage

Step 1 - Place meter pos lead on pos stud of battery, neg lead on neg stud of battery, record reading

Step 2 - Leave pos lead on pos stud of battery or amp 12v+ and move neg lead to your grounding locations, this reading should be same as reading in step one

Step 3 - If step 2 is more then .5 volt difference then step 1, bad connection point, so make it better

Easier and more accurate to put positive lead to amp positive input then move negative lead from ground cable to ground point and compare reading difference. Even 0.5v is a bit much... Then you can repeat by keeping negative lead at ground point and testing at battery post vs at amp positive input to test for voltage drop down the positive cable.

My bad on saying you "cant" test this before, I meant that either you did you ground correctly (bared metal at a frame attachment point and bolted securely) or wrong (3 screws through a ring terminal to a body panel anyone? haha).

Did you just repeat what I wrote out in my steps? LOL :peepwall:

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

its low voltage...period.

You're pulling potentially 190 amps on a 90 amp alt. new battery or not, full tilt you are asking for trouble. keep the volume down or upgrade your electrical.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

DMM set to DC voltage

Did you just repeat what I wrote out in my steps? LOL :peepwall:

Looks that way

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

So what electrical would I need? Like 6 people just said their stock electrical handles 1500RMS all day with no problem so i guess im the unlucky one who cant? lol figures... I figured it was common sense that if you run a 14.4v rated amplifier and you hit 13.5v then it causes less output hence when I set to 1500RMS my output is probably clipped and clipping my subwoofers at its RMS is probably not agood thing do I have somthing here? lol

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

could just be a bad ground spot man... where do you have your amp grounded at?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Seat belt bolt haha and its not sanded extremely well tbh. The battery one is on its STOCK location and its semi grinded i didnt do most of the ground work. Also just went outside to test and felt my subwoofer it was hot as FUCK becuase of how hot the sun is maybe this is playing a SMALL roll since it JUST started getting hot in maine were not used to 90 degrees daily

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga