superchargedamd Posted May 26, 2011 Report Posted May 26, 2011 I've been into car audio for about 7 years, but didn't know shit until I started coming to SMD about a year ago. I still don't know much though. YA same here.Im 32 now and bought my first speaker at a sale when i was 7.It was a like 12x26 out of a 70s tv.Radio Shack was just down the street so I was hooked from then."but didn't know shit until I started coming to SMD about a year ago"butt I have learned more in the past two years than ever befor!ROCK ON SMD Jensen head unit (junk to start) cadence 5.25 dash re tweets Candence ultra drive amp(mids+highs) rockford fosgate 75hd RESX18D2 X4 subs wired to 1.3 final REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK
larrys95civic Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 started in june of 96, ....damn i'm old Team Superior SPL Former Installer at Driven Sound & Security http://www.drivenss.com All kinds of forsale threads http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164247-amps-subs-and-misc/#entry2383262 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164430-polk-audio-sda6000-sound-bar/#entry2386634 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164279-3-michael-kors-watches/#entry2383983 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164549-more-items-from-storage/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166967-dd-9518s-amps-kenwood-custom-explorer-dash/ If someone is feeling generous I'd love an original sig LOL
ISO Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 Thread jack Do you guys remember the song you heard with heavy bass that turned you on and changed your life? Metallica One. Brothers SUV 2 Kicker 15s with the gold Kicker logo and a 400 watt amp. Shit I had to be somewhere between 12 to 14. Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one. "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The Destruction of a person builds character.
bignickk Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 Thread jack Do you guys remember the song you heard with heavy bass that turned you on and changed your life? Metallica One. Brothers SUV 2 Kicker 15s with the gold Kicker logo and a 400 watt amp. Shit I had to be somewhere between 12 to 14. it wasent a song to me. when my friend brought home a nice jbl bandpass with leds inside. from that day i knew i wanted my shit to look like that 2000 tahoe orion hcca 15.4 kicker zx2500 2 JL 300/4s infinity and kicker mids/highs KHC1400 in back, stock upfront dont ask about my HU clarion EQ kicker/fosgate rcas
Emmet Posted May 27, 2011 Author Report Posted May 27, 2011 Wasnt a song for me either, wasnt even a car system, was a PA system a sound engineer i was friends with had set up for a concert in my town, 8 x 18" subwoofers , each in a ported box and 4 box`s on each side, then 2 15"s on either side powered by 20kw of crown amps, damn when that bass hit I knew that was the way for me, couldnt even breath standing in front of it, eventually I found that them subwoofers I loved could be fit into cars i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah.. You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people. I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
xXxOuTLaWxXx Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 The song that turned me on was Tone Loc "wild thing". From there I was hooked. I needed the bass. "i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac
R3nOSlaPP Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 like 2 years or so but wasnt really serious and actually cared about it until like a year ago Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48 Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3” Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6 Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2 Silverado Build Log
Team Bassick - Kimo Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 It wasnt so much bass that got me into it but, cruising around listening to my tunes. Just getting my music louder and louder was all I wanted at first. KIMO @teambassick http://www.teambassick.com
ISO Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 Wasnt a song for me either, wasnt even a car system, was a PA system a sound engineer i was friends with had set up for a concert in my town, 8 x 18" subwoofers , each in a ported box and 4 box`s on each side, then 2 15"s on either side powered by 20kw of crown amps, damn when that bass hit I knew that was the way for me, couldnt even breath standing in front of it, eventually I found that them subwoofers I loved could be fit into cars Ya that deffiently would qualify for what I'm thinking about. Just remembering the sound but more the physical feeling of the actual bass its self. There just isn't anything else that feels the way bass does, the vibration in the body to feel a sine wave rattle your whole body from the outside in. LOL kinda suprissed more women aren't into this hobby. Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one. "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The Destruction of a person builds character.
corrie32 Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 23 years for me i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.