Sonic Electronix

Crescendo BC2000D or AQ2200D

For my HDC3 15" but enough for 2  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What amp is better for my AQ HDC3 15" Copper but is also enough for 2

• Audioque AQ2200D
    • Crescendo Audio BC2200D

I need an amp to run my Audioque HDC3 15" sub but will also be sufficient for 2 of these, running at either 2ohm or .5ohm. The subs are DVC 2ohm, so when I eventually run them both it will be at .5 or 2ohms. Now the Crescendo amp runs at .5 ohms, but the AQ amp does NOT state it will run at .5 ohm. I don't know if anyone has tried this or not, but I wanted to see if anyone has and can give me feedback. The crescendo amp is about $100 cheaper with shipping combined on both. I will be running the amp at 1ohm, so the Crescendo says 2250@[email protected] and the AQ is 2200@1ohm@12V (I think it's 12V).

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

i believe both are slightly underrated, and both are good quality, quite comparable, AQ has a bit of a longer history, but crescendo has been hot since its come out (minus the many months it was out of stock), sort of how DC is the "IN" amp right now, i always put AQ as more of a budget friendly yet quality amp, but thats just me, id honestly go for the cheaper once, considering both are quit similar side by side in the way of quality and functionality, maybe see which is known for performing better at below 1ohm load and also about the warranties available if thats something you are worried about as well

i dont no if you have scene this or not im going to run two bc2000 to 2 re audio mx 12s but heres the clamped specs on the crescendos http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/cresendo/84024-crescendo-bass-clef-series-clamp-results.html :drinks:

edit spelling

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

i dont no if you have scene this or not im going to run to bc2000 to 2 re audio mx 12s but heres the clamped specs on the crescendos http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/cresendo/84024-crescendo-bass-clef-series-clamp-results.html :drinks:

but remember, look at the voltage drop and at what impedance calculated(compared to which impedance they started with)

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I'm not too common with calculated impedence, which one has better rated calculated impedence? The AQ or Crescendo at 1ohm?

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

i dont no if you have scene this or not im going to run to bc2000 to 2 re audio mx 12s but heres the clamped specs on the crescendos http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/cresendo/84024-crescendo-bass-clef-series-clamp-results.html :drinks:

but remember, look at the voltage drop and at what impedance calculated(compared to which impedance they started with)

right but everybody impedance rise is diff and every bodys electrical is diff also

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

Anyone else have any votes or feedback?

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3